A Friend of mine who is an educator....

RockPride

quoted this exact following statement:

"The public schools, for such lunacy, have no tradition and no pride and they have dumbed down the curriculum………….so why stop there? If you can’t compete in the classroom or the playing field, change the rules and you won’t have to compete. Just instill mediocrity. But at least the teachers and administrators won’t have to do anything except draw a paycheck paid by our tax money."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The public schools, for such lunacy, have no tradition and no pride and they have dumbed down the curriculum………….so why stop there? If you can’t compete in the classroom or the playing field, change the rules and you won’t have to compete. Just instill mediocrity. But at least the teachers and administrators won’t have to do anything except draw a paycheck paid by our tax money."

:rolleyes:

As posted earlier and I believe it needs to be posted again, because these words say it all.

“This vote calls into question the capability of KHSAA… to deal with the issue and others like it. Their response to strong competition is not harder work, it’s changing the rules. If the superintendents… would bring the same commitment to education…Kentucky wouldn’t be 50th in just about everything.”

Senator Tim Shaughnessy, D-Louisville

Louisville Courier-Journal October 21st, 2005

Soon the KHSAA Public School Division will be a watered down “B” division that will not be able to compete with schools from other states, and yes the KHSAA will soon join the State’s Education Department as one of the worst in the country.

This is the part that gets me, because it's very true of a lot of schools, but not Manual, so why did Bev do it!? WHY BEV!!?? Manual's doing fine academically AND athletically, even WITH the private schools, so leave them be!

That's about as insulting as I've ever heard. You can tell your friend there are plenty of public schools who haven't dumbed down curriculum and there are LOTS of teachers and coaches who do more than draw a freaking paycheck. And that kind of attitude is exactly why some of the public schools have problems with uppity snotty people who think they are too good to attend a public school. My public school has over 50 kids getting college credits this year on our campus with a partnership with a local university, has instilled a new freshman academy with teacher's working overtime, had 3 national merit scholars last year, and on and on.........don't lump all "public" schools in the same boat just because you are upset about some stupid athletic vote. Athletics schould not drive high schools. Get over it, the BOC won't let it happen anyway. You educator friend obviously isn't very educated.

That's about as insulting as I've ever heard. You can tell your friend there are plenty of public schools who haven't dumbed down curriculum and there are LOTS of teachers and coaches who do more than draw a freaking paycheck. And that kind of attitude is exactly why some of the public schools have problems with uppity snotty people who think they are too good to attend a public school. My public school has over 50 kids getting college credits this year on our campus with a partnership with a local university, has instilled a new freshman academy with teacher's working overtime, had 3 national merit scholars last year, and on and on.........don't lump all "public" schools in the same boat just because you are upset about some stupid athletic vote. Athletics schould not drive high schools. Get over it, the BOC won't let it happen anyway. You educator friend obviously isn't very educated.

:thumb:

Is this a quote from a private school educator? If so, they have no clue what hard working teachers, coaches, and administrators do for public schools.

My guess this is a new educator or one who has been in education no long and bitter. I know that my freinds and family tell me I'm a fool to continue to work for my paycheek. They tell me their glad it is me and not them doing my job.

I'm not sure which is more insulting; this supposed educator actually saying it or it being repeated in this site.

If I ever get this way I will quit teaching, because I will be of no use to my students.

As posted earlier and I believe it needs to be posted again, because these words say it all.

“This vote calls into question the capability of KHSAA… to deal with the issue and others like it. Their response to strong competition is not harder work, it’s changing the rules. If the superintendents… would bring the same commitment to education…Kentucky wouldn’t be 50th in just about everything.”

Soon the KHSAA Public School Division will be a watered down “B” division that will not be able to compete with schools from other states, and yes the KHSAA will soon join the State’s Education Department as one of the worst in the country.

If the KHSAA would do their job and monitor recruiting then people wouldn't be concerned. It isn't that public schools want the privates out because they are so good. It is because there is a double standard in the KHSAA where one school can recruit in kids from anywhere including other states and the public schools have very distinct districts that they have to draw kids from. Now is that fair? NO!

In recent testing scores, Ky. was above the national average in nearly every category. Maybe the Senator needs to reeducate himself in math, that's not "nearly 50th" in everything.

RP- I'd find smarter friends. That's pure ignorance.

Is this a quote from a private school educator? If so, they have no clue what hard working teachers, coaches, and administrators do for public schools.

I think overall are public school education is below average in the state. You can talk hard work and troubles. But numbers don't lie and there are other area's across the country who have harder conditions but still seem to do better than ky.

I think in general the schools who seem to succeed more in public schools are the one's with open school distritcts. I.E. the Highlands and JCPS of the world.

I think overall our public school education is below average in the state. You can talk hard work and troubles. But numbers don't lie and there are other area's across the country who have harder conditions but still seem to do better than ky.

I think in general the schools who seem to succeed more in public schools are the one's with open school distritcts. I.E. the Highlands and JCPS of the world.

Fixed that for you. I think some of our private schools need work too. :sssh: