3. Celia Pelfrey - Dixie Heights - Sr.

4. Jayla LaBordeaux - Lloyd - Sr.

5. Maddie Drummonds - Conner - Sr.

6. Jade Simpson - Holy Cross - Sr.

7. Whitney Lind - Cooper - Fr.

8. Sydney Lockard - Dixie Heights - Jr.

9. Lacey Bradshaw - Notre Dame - So.

10. Piper Macke - Highlands - Sr.

What do y’all think? The 9th is going to be very competitive this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this, D’ICEMAN.

No top 10 ranking for the Jags?

Who does St Henry have to get a top 10 ranking?

St. Henry will probably start:

Katie Evans - physical forward, natural leader, great rebounder and defender.

Abby Millay - incredibly explosive PG.

Morgan Ferris - deadeye shooter.

Morgan Flanagan - lengthy “positionless” player who can do it all and has a nose for the basket.

Abby Schaefer - young player with a lot of raw skill that will continue to get better exponentially with each game.

A lot of good things going for the Cru. Will be fun to see who that other team is that gets out of the district with Dixie between them, Ludlow, and Lloyd.

IMO Simpson has no business on this list. Macke is too low and this list needs to have the Feldman girl from NDA.

I agree that this list of girls is struggling. Here’s my shot at it.

1. Maddie Scherr Ryle

2. Piper Macke Highlands

3. Madeline Lawson Dixie

4. Bri Crittenden Ryle

5. Macy Feldman NDA

6. Maddie Drummonds Conner

7. Lacy Bradshaw NDA

8. Jayla LaBordeaux Lloyd

9. Jaiden Douthit Ryle

10. Sydney Lockard Dixie

Honorable mention

Whitney Lind

Adrianna Haynes

Rory O’Hara

Celia Pelfrey

Abby Milay

Kay Friehoffer

Jade Simpson

The teams are closer to right but here’s a shot at those

Ryle

Highlands

Dixie

NDA

BIG GAP

Boone County

Holy Cross

Conner

Cooper

St. Henry

Lloyd

One of those top four teams will emerge from the 9th this year. I do think Ryle loses at least once this season to one of the other top three teams. Losing Schwartz and McGregor is too much loss and NDA and Dixie have very talented young players and will be in the top 4 teams in the 9th for years to come.

I think most people on here are pretty close. But if I took a stab at it:

Teams:

1. Ryle

2. Highlands

3. Notre Dame Academy

4. Dixie

BIG GAP

5. Conner

6. Boone County

7. Ludlow

8. Holy Cross

9. NCC

10. Cooper

I know it's a big blow for Ryle to lose two starters of Schwartz and McGregor's caliber. But Maddie Scherr almost certainly the best player in the state, and Crittenden and Douthit round out one of the best big-threes in Kentucky. Dixie, NDA, and Highlands have a shot at knocking them off due to depth and coaching... but barring injury, Ryle has the talent to take the 9th again. Dixie will struggle early without Lawson, Highlands has to figure out life without Barth. NDA's 1-10 depth might be the toughest contender by the end.

Players:

1. Maddie Scherr, Ryle - Probably the best player in KY

2. Bri Crittenden, Ryle

3. Madeline Lawson, Dixie - Healing from ACL tear until at least New Year's

4. Piper Macke, Highlands

5. Sydney Lockard, Dixie - In my opinion, maybe the best pure PG in NKY

6. Jayla LaBordeaux Lloyd

7. Lacy Bradshaw, NDA

8. Jaiden Douthit, Ryle - Deadeye shooter

9. Laci Reinhart, Dixie - In my opinion, the most overlooked talent in NKY

10. Maddie Drummonds, Conner - In my opinion, one of the top 2 true, low-block posts in NKY

HONORABLE MENTION:

Macie Feldman

Rory O’Hara

Abby Mahan

Jade Simpson

Kriesten Ratterman

I'm in agreement with almost everything that Basketballneverrests commented, except one big change. Macey Feldmann had a great summer and dramatically improved her 3 point shooting. She is a pure point guard, and physically very similar to Bri Crittenden. If she can shoot a good % from 3 (which I think she will), she ranks right behind Crittenden.

I'm in agreement with almost everything that Basketballneverrests commented, except one big change. Macey Feldmann had a great summer and dramatically improved her 3 point shooting. She is a pure point guard, and physically very similar to Bri Crittenden. If she can shoot a good % from 3 (which I think she will), she ranks right behind Crittenden.

I could agree with that. I haven't seen much of Feldmann this Summer.

When I saw Ryle play last year I thought Schwartz and McGregor were as vital and as good as Scherr. It is going to be tough sledding without those two. I think Ryle is like Harrison County with Kellione last year. One great player but not enough to make a huge impact. Nothing against the cast surrounding Scherr at Ryle but when I’ve watched them play IMO they were just ok. Take Scherr out of the game like we did last year and make it a game. NDA almost beat Ryle last year in the region with Schwartz and McGregor!

So in my opinion I think Ryle could win the region but I think Highlands is the favorite. Macke and O’Hara are really good and the coaching at Highlands is the best in the area.

Highlands

NDA

Ryle

Dixie

6 way tie for 5th

Edited by hydraman
Spelling

When I saw Ryle play last year I thought Schwartz and McGregor were as vital and as good as Scherr. It is going to be tough sledding without those two. I think Ryle is like Harrison County with Kellione last year. One great player but not enough to make a huge impact. Nothing against the cast surrounding Scherr at Ryle but when I’ve watched them play IMO they were just ok. Take Scherr out of the game like we did last year and make it a game. NDA almost beat Ryle last year in the region with Schwartz and McGregor!

So in my opinion I think Ryle could win the region but I think Highlands is the favorite. Macke and O’Hara are really good and the coaching at Highlands is the best in the area.

Highlands

NDA

Ryle

Dixie

6 way tie for 5th

3DA82F90-D767-4D66-B6ED-B943E0C115F5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure either are Top 10 at this point, but I'm a huge fan of Whitney Lind and Kay Friehoffer at Cooper -- and Kay's 8th grade sister isn't far behind.

I'm not up for taking at shots at who doesn't belong, or who is too high, negativity towards the kids isn't my thing, but there are certainly a couple of them that I think aren't as good as some below or not mentioned.

Oh, Maddie Scherr is a generational talent, and with she and Brie, Ryle will be just fine. If they don't win the 9th, I will be really surprised. And that is being in agreement that Jaime W.R. is probably the best coach in the 9th for Girls Basketball.

Macke at 2? You are drinking a lot of blue kool-aid with this one.

I do like the Bluebirds! But I gave Piper the nod at two because of senior experience. It’s likely the next 4 underclassmen I have behind her are more talented and have even have a better year statistically. But because she’s the senior PG leader of a top team in the region I felt she was more valuable.

I know I said this last year but I do think once Lawson is back fully she will be the 2nd best player in the region and make Dixie a very tough out in the region. Dixies youth has grown up and it’s their time to shine. Hopefully before the NDA girls blossom!

Edited by Chaz
Spelling