Virginia 85 Texas Tech 77 OT (NCAA Tournament Championship)

16thBBall Fan

After making the finals without ever even playing their best. They were due to play their best game of the tournament. Congrats to Virginia!

I can see them doing what Villanova did and winning another one very soon. Jay Wright had a history of getting knocked out early in the tournament. He finally got over the hump, and then also ended up winning another 2 years later. I can see the same thing happening for Tony Bennett.

I’m happy for Virginia with consideration to them losing to UMBC as the overall #1 seed last year. They can definitely put that behind them now, they already could have without winning tonight. They got it turned around to say in the least.

What a great game ! Both teams deserved to be there. This was one that you didn't want to see either team lose on the way that both played. I was happy to see Tony Bennet get the win, he's a class act as well as a great coach, I love watching his teams play … defense, rebounding, emphasis on "team" play. TTU played a great game as well. Both teams play the game hard and imo the way that it should be played.

Bill Walton can no longer call just the Pac 12 the conference "The Conference of Champions" the ACC conference now has the same amount of titles at 15 each. The SEC has 11 and the Big 10 has 10.

I'm not sure what planet Walton is on, I'm really not sure if he knows what planet he's on, lol. Walton is one that was one of my all time favorites to watch play, few were better. At the same time, he drives me crazy having to listen to him call a game, there are times I have "muted" the sound to get a break. People talk about Vitale , I would take him over Walton anytime. …. lol

Virginia’s Hunter hit the biggest trey of his life in the closing seconds of regulation to tie it. He misses that one and TTU rebounds the game is over. The question is, as good of a defensive team as TTU is how on earth was he wide open for the 3 with no one within 10 feet of him.

Virginia’s Hunter hit the biggest trey of his life in the closing seconds of regulation to tie it. He misses that one and TTU rebounds the game is over. The question is, as good of a defensive team as TTU is how on earth was he wide open for the 3 with no one within 10 feet of him.

That was as clutch of a shot as one will make, I don't care if he was wide open.