Bracketology (3/11/19)

futurecoach

Here is the latest most up to date bracketology on ESPN.

The one seeds are:

East- Virginia

West- Gonzaga

Midwest- North Carolina

South- Kentucky

Other local teams seeds:

Cincinnati- 7 seed out West

Louisville- 7 seed in the East

Murray State- 12 Seed in the East

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

UK as a 1 seed in the South is obviously a good thing, because the sweet 16 and elite 8 would be played in Louisville. However, UK probably still has to at least get to the SEC finals to now keep that spot.

With that said if UK holds on to a one seed. It is almost a guarantee that they will have either UNC or Duke as the 2 seed in the region. Depending on who gets the other 1 seed out of those two.

UK as a 1 seed in the South is obviously a good thing, because the sweet 16 and elite 8 would be played in Louisville. However, UK probably still has to at least get to the SEC finals to now keep that spot.

With that said if UK holds on to a one seed. It is almost a guarantee that they will have either UNC or Duke as the 2 seed in the region. Depending on who gets the other 1 seed out of those two.

They may as well get the 1 seed in that scenario because the alternative is being the 2 seed in the region of one of them anyway. It's just pretty much locked into that this year with the almost certainty of two ACC 1 seeds plus Gonzaga. And UNC or Duke aren't getting shipped to the west. I've seen speculation about three ACC teams getting top seeds - I just do not see that happening.

This exact scenario is why I didn't want LSU to get the 1 seed in the SEC tournament. I'd rather Kentucky play LSU in the semis than Tennessee with this on the line. Because the finals are almost certainly irrelevant.

The new bracketology that has Belmont out of the tournament (and behind Indiana at that when it comes to the teams out) is flat out ridiculous.

If you go to BracketMatrix.com (I'd highly recommend it to anyone who loves the Bracketology conversations) you'll see that more people think Belmont is out (51) than in (36). For what it's worth.

They may as well get the 1 seed in that scenario because the alternative is being the 2 seed in the region of one of them anyway. It's just pretty much locked into that this year with the almost certainty of two ACC 1 seeds plus Gonzaga. And UNC or Duke aren't getting shipped to the west. I've seen speculation about three ACC teams getting top seeds - I just do not see that happening.

This exact scenario is why I didn't want LSU to get the 1 seed in the SEC tournament. I'd rather Kentucky play LSU in the semis than Tennessee with this on the line. Because the finals are almost certainly irrelevant.

No doubt. The SEC tourney championship needs to be played on Saturday to matter for NCAA seeding.

Look as much as I love the idea of Cats in Louisville, it isn't going to happen unles TR comes back nearly 90+% against Tennessee. LSU is a travesty, but I will be shocked if they don't play on Sunday.

Interesting...I’ll be shocked if LSU makes it to Sunday.

I’m not as concerned about Kentucky’s seed as I am about the region they are put in. I think worst case scenario, they are the two seed in the Midwest. Win out for the rest of the season until the dance, and I believe they are the ones seeing in the south.