Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracketology (3/11/19)

Featured Replies

  • Author

CBS Sports Bracketology by Jerry Palm also has the same 4 teams as one seeds in those same regions.

 

The main difference has is UC as a 6 seed in the South, and Murray State as a 12 in the West.

 

2

  • Author

UK as a 1 seed in the South is obviously a good thing, because the sweet 16 and elite 8 would be played in Louisville. However, UK probably still has to at least get to the SEC finals to now keep that spot.

 

With that said if UK holds on to a one seed. It is almost a guarantee that they will have either UNC or Duke as the 2 seed in the region. Depending on who gets the other 1 seed out of those two.

The West looks weaker than a 3-legged kitten in a snow storm.

The West looks weaker than a 3-legged kitten in a snow storm.

 

Nothing offends me more than when the West brackets are annually revealed. You get all of the leftovers.

UK as a 1 seed in the South is obviously a good thing, because the sweet 16 and elite 8 would be played in Louisville. However, UK probably still has to at least get to the SEC finals to now keep that spot.

 

With that said if UK holds on to a one seed. It is almost a guarantee that they will have either UNC or Duke as the 2 seed in the region. Depending on who gets the other 1 seed out of those two.

 

They may as well get the 1 seed in that scenario because the alternative is being the 2 seed in the region of one of them anyway. It's just pretty much locked into that this year with the almost certainty of two ACC 1 seeds plus Gonzaga. And UNC or Duke aren't getting shipped to the west. I've seen speculation about three ACC teams getting top seeds - I just do not see that happening.

 

This exact scenario is why I didn't want LSU to get the 1 seed in the SEC tournament. I'd rather Kentucky play LSU in the semis than Tennessee with this on the line. Because the finals are almost certainly irrelevant.

The new bracketology that has Belmont out of the tournament (and behind Indiana at that when it comes to the teams out) is flat out ridiculous.

The new bracketology that has Belmont out of the tournament (and behind Indiana at that when it comes to the teams out) is flat out ridiculous.

 

If you go to BracketMatrix.com (I'd highly recommend it to anyone who loves the Bracketology conversations) you'll see that more people think Belmont is out (51) than in (36). For what it's worth.

They may as well get the 1 seed in that scenario because the alternative is being the 2 seed in the region of one of them anyway. It's just pretty much locked into that this year with the almost certainty of two ACC 1 seeds plus Gonzaga. And UNC or Duke aren't getting shipped to the west. I've seen speculation about three ACC teams getting top seeds - I just do not see that happening.

 

This exact scenario is why I didn't want LSU to get the 1 seed in the SEC tournament. I'd rather Kentucky play LSU in the semis than Tennessee with this on the line. Because the finals are almost certainly irrelevant.

 

No doubt. The SEC tourney championship needs to be played on Saturday to matter for NCAA seeding.

Look as much as I love the idea of Cats in Louisville, it isn't going to happen unles TR comes back nearly 90+% against Tennessee. LSU is a travesty, but I will be shocked if they don't play on Sunday.

Look as much as I love the idea of Cats in Louisville, it isn't going to happen unles TR comes back nearly 90+% against Tennessee. LSU is a travesty, but I will be shocked if they don't play on Sunday.

 

Interesting...I’ll be shocked if LSU makes it to Sunday.

I’m not as concerned about Kentucky’s seed as I am about the region they are put in. I think worst case scenario, they are the two seed in the Midwest. Win out for the rest of the season until the dance, and I believe they are the ones seeing in the south.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.