Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a disappointment in the 2nd game. I don't know what happened between Coach Snapp and Tahj Harding but very disappointing to see the 4th quarter of the game go like that.

He got a bad technical and was getting chippy. He also was playing outside of their game plan it appeared. If the coach did that to teach him a life lesson, I am all for it. Life is bigger than the game.

He got a bad technical and was getting chippy. He also was playing outside of their game plan it appeared. If the coach did that to teach him a life lesson, I am all for it. Life is bigger than the game.

I support the life lesson too. Someone near us said it was a rule that he had to sit but I am not certain. It was unfortunate to see him sitting at the end of the bench away from his team mates.

Honestly, Newport should have gotten T'd up earlier when a player blatantly pushed Thelen after a loose ball scrum. The ref saw it and talked to the the Newport player about it, but it should have been called ...

If my math is correct, this will be the 7th time since 2007 that the 9th Region Championship is decided within the 35th District.

This will be Covington Catholic’s 7th consecutive trip to the 9th Region Championship game.

Newport has been doing stuff like that all year. It surprises me that they’re coach would choose the fourth quarter of this game to hold one of their players accountable.

If my math is correct, this will be the 7th time since 2007 that the 9th Region Championship is decided within the 35th District.

This will be Covington Catholic’s 7th consecutive trip to the 9th Region Championship game.

I believe your math is correct in part 1: the second part of it I believe it is their 6th straight trip. Either way...mark them down every year for the finals.

I believe your math is correct in part 1: the second part of it I believe it is their 6th straight trip. Either way...mark them down every year for the finals.

2013, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19.

Newport has been doing stuff like that all year. It surprises me that they’re coach would choose the fourth quarter of this game to hold one of their players accountable.

Harding wasn't much of a factor in their with the big boys from CCH other than talking.

Cov. Cath will take on Beechwood for the third time this season. They are 0-2 so far but this is the one that counts. Should be a good one.

I agree it should be a good one. I thought Cov Cath looked much better tonight than they had the past couple of weeks and seemed to shoot it better. Wonder if Cov Cath will have figured out how to beat Beechwoods pressure. They really struggled with it last game. Also when a team beats a team twice, they have a ton of belief they have your number.