Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)

If you are going to "re-think" a rule to fit your needs at the time then you probably should not make it a rule in the first place.

Rules get changed all the time based on circumstances. Was there a rule at the start of the year that you sit out the rest of the game if you get a technical? Why did they put the rule in place? Circumstances changed. Rules meant for discipline and behavior over an entire season might not make sense in a championship level game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rules get changed all the time based on circumstances. Was there a rule at the start of the year that you sit out the rest of the game if you get a technical? Why did they put the rule in place? Circumstances changed. Rules meant for discipline and behavior over an entire season might not make sense in a championship level game.

Then say once we get to the championship the rule expires. I am surprised that you seem ok with being wishy washy on a rule. I get what you are saying about it being other players last game too, but as a coach don't put yourself in that position by making a rule you are not going to stand behind.

I personally would not have made that rule (if indeed Coach Snapp actually did).

And rules get changed between seasons or maybe games, not during a game. When coaches make exceptions they lose credibility and respect.

Then say once we get to the championship the rule expires. I am surprised that you seem ok with being wishy washy on a rule. I get what you are saying about it being other players last game too, but as a coach don't put yourself in that position by making a rule you are not going to stand behind.

I personally would not have made that rule (if indeed Coach Snapp actually did).

And rules get changed between seasons or maybe games, not during a game. When coaches make exceptions they lose credibility and respect.

The problem with a rule like this is that if a ref gives a player a ridiculous and undeserved "T", the rule punishes your own team because the ref did something wrong. I have never heard any other team doing this... not saying no other teams have...I just have never heard of it before.

The problem with a rule like this is that if a ref gives a player a ridiculous and undeserved "T", the rule punishes your own team because the ref did something wrong. I have never heard any other team doing this... not saying no other teams have...I just have never heard of it before.

100% agree. That is another reason I would not make it a rule.