Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When he got the technical the other big boy definitely went in. However, I think Tajh checked back in with 15 seconds to go in the third when Snapp called that timeout after a made basket. He must’ve been reminded of the rule at end of quarter. I’m not positive on that but I think that’s what happened.

When he got the technical the other big boy definitely went in. However, I think Tajh checked back in with 15 seconds to go in the third when Snapp called that timeout after a made basket. He must’ve been reminded of the rule at end of quarter. I’m not positive on that but I think that’s what happened.

I thought there were more than 15 seconds, But your sequence of events is exactly what I saw too.

Who is the guy that sits at the end of the bench with the beard and the earring? He’s bald and shaved his head in the back. When Taj got the technical he stood up and started walking towards the middle of the court. I know he’s not the AD because I met the AD before.

Phantom charge, just a snippet of one bad call. Twitter

I have a pic from Bob Jackson of your so called "phantom call."

Miller clearly raises his elbow and forces it across the face of the CCH kid forcing him to fly through the paint.

Tried to upload the pic but the file is too large.

In college, it would have been considered flagrant!

Miller clearly raises his elbow and forces it across the face of the CCH kid forcing him to fly through the paint.

Oh well. 20-0 free throw advantage second half. Good day.

First time posting so be kind. :) I was at the game and yes it was physical on both ends. Cov Cath kids are physical and also got "chippy" right along with the Newport kids. I did think Newport had a few tough charging calls called against them, but at the end of the day the difference was Cov Cath's talent over Newport's lack of discipline.....im my opinion.

Welcome to BGP @longballers

This is absurd. Absolutely incorrect. A still shot shows nothing. Could have been raising his elbow to shoot or anything of the nature.

CovCath is known for flopping about, and over-exaggerating situations. They did it all game. And, have been for several years.

In this case, I don’t think it was a flop, though. I think the young man over played, got beat, Miller stopped on a dime and the kid was put off guard. Miller missed the shot anyway.

This is absurd. Absolutely incorrect. A still shot shows nothing. Could have been raising his elbow to shoot or anything of the nature.

CovCath is known for flopping about, and over-exaggerating situations. They did it all game. And, have been for several years.

In this case, I don’t think it was a flop, though. I think the young man over played, got beat, Miller stopped on a dime and the kid was put off guard. Miller missed the shot anyway.

The still shot shows Miller's left elbow raised, extended and crushing the face of the defender. Whenever an elbow is raised and makes contact with a defender, it can be called against the offense. And I guarantee you, when the elbow is thrown in the face of the defender, it will be called!

I also saw it from the correct angle in the stands last night...it was the right call!

I do agree with Knowitall that a 20 to 0 free throw differential in one half is absurd.

I believe all of this is accurate. I also thought Harding played after the T.

I am all for discipline and rules. But when the last game of several players' high school careers are impacted, I would have to rethink the rule in that situation.

If you are going to "re-think" a rule to fit your needs at the time then you probably should not make it a rule in the first place.