UCF gets offer from Gators

Jumper_Dad

Dan Mullen said that the Gators have offered a 2 for 1 deal to UCF. Two games in Gainesville and one in Orlando.

Miami and Florida State built those programs from nothing by playing anyone they could.

I don't see any way UCF could justify not jumping on this offer. Unless UCF just wants to wait for the playoffs to expand so they can get a sympathy spot.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Mullen said that the Gators have offered a 2 for 1 deal to UCF. Two games in Gainesville and one in Orlando.

Miami and Florida State built those programs from nothing by playing anyone they could.

I don't see any way UCF could justify not jumping on this offer. Unless UCF just wants to wait for the playoffs to expand so they can get a sympathy spot.

UCF has been trying to get to get Alabama on their schedule. They will play Stanford next year.

UCF has been trying to get to get Alabama on their schedule. They will play Stanford next year.

Fans holding up a sign saying, "We want Bama!" or UCF athletic department trolling the Tide on Twitter doesn't count as really trying. :lol2:

I know the Camping World kickoff game asked if they'd be interested in replacing Louisville this year, but it was too late to drop Louisville...so the discussion died quickly.

Seriously there is no reason they should turn down Florida's offer. It'll be great if they do and very telling if they don't.

Fans holding up a sign saying, "We want Bama!" or UCF athletic department trolling the Tide on Twitter doesn't count as really trying. :lol2:

I know the Camping World kickoff game asked if they'd be interested in replacing Louisville this year, but it was too late to drop Louisville...so the discussion died quickly.

Seriously there is no reason they should turn down Florida's offer. It'll be great if they do and very telling if they don't.

They play Florida they will be 3-0 against the SEC.

They play Florida they will be 3-0 against the SEC.

If they play Florida it will be for three games, in case you missed that in the first post.

So you think they'll beat a disinterested LSU this year after beating a disinterested Auburn last year then win how many against they Gators in the regular season series?

A 2 for 1 with 2 in Gainesville and none on UCFs home field. I’d tell them to stick it where the sun don’t shine...

Yep. The P5 will NEVER give G5 teams a fair shake. Even in a so-called “2-For-1”, the one is at a neutral site and all the money still favors UF.

I agree. Tell them to skate on.

I don’t have an issue with UCF turning it down. What I have an issue with is the inevitable story we’ll hear that nobody will play them. If you want bigger schools to spend one of their OOC games to play you then you have to compromise. You need the game and they want the revenue. You’re UCF, you don’t get to pretend that you’re on the same level as Florida. If a team offers you a game that can improve your schedule and potentially get you into the playoff, then don’t complain when that team wants to do it on their terms. Florida doesn’t need UCF, UCF needs Florida.

I don’t have an issue with UCF turning it down. What I have an issue with is the inevitable story we’ll hear that nobody will play them. If you want bigger schools to spend one of their OOC games to play you then you have to compromise. You need the game and they want the revenue. You’re UCF, you don’t get to pretend that you’re on the same level as Florida. If a team offers you a game that can improve your schedule and potentially get you into the playoff, then don’t complain when that team wants to do it on their terms. Florida doesn’t need UCF, UCF needs Florida.

They are not on the same level as Florida they are better than them.