UCF gets offer from Gators

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...Wisconsin, Texas, Louisville and NC State didn't demand a neutral site when playing the USF home game? Gee, it sure seems like it can be done.

I would not be surprised if USF made concessions in the contracts. South Florida, could give more than 50% of the proceeds to their opponents and still make more than they would playing a G5 opponent at home, other than UCF, of course.

As far as home crowd, I guarantee you Ray Jay will be Orange and Blue, not Green and Gold, when Florida plays there. Just as it's Garnet and Gold when FSU plays USF there.

The bottom line is to play P5 opponents, regardless of the profit margin or home crowd. At this level, you have to be hungry. UCF appears cocky. I don't understand the basis of that. Of course I hate the school in Oviedo, so keep that in consideration. :)

If they play Florida it will be for three games, in case you missed that in the first post.

So you think they'll beat a disinterested LSU this year after beating a disinterested Auburn last year then win how many against they Gators in the regular season series?

So basically UCF is in a can't win situation still with people. If they lose to LSU, people say see they don't belong. However if they beat LSU, people will say well obviously LSU wasn't interested. A built in excuse for people to use.

So basically UCF is in a can't win situation still with people. If they lose to LSU, people say see they don't belong. However if they beat LSU, people will say well obviously LSU wasn't interested. A built in excuse for people to use.

I think UCF is at least partially to blame for their no lose situation. Nobody questioned Boise States win over Oklahoma, nobody questioned Utah’s win over Alabama, or Houston’s win over Florida State.

I think UCF is at least partially to blame for their no lose situation. Nobody questioned Boise States win over Oklahoma, nobody questioned Utah’s win over Alabama, or Houston’s win over Florida State.

100%, they didn't make fake national champion t-shirts and turn down anyone who would have come along to play them.

IMO no one should question UCF's win over Auburn either. People just assume well since UCF won, that means Auburn wasn't interested. I don't buy that at all. If that is the case, then that should be used against every single team who wins a bowl game every year, except for the teams in the playoffs.

I know it's hard for people to believe for since Auburn beat Bama and Georgia last year. There was no way UCF could beat Auburn. I guarantee you those Auburn players were playing hard, and last thing they would have wanted was a lost to UCF to end their season.

UCF beat Auburn last year, because they were better than day. Not because Auburn was disinterested. Just like if UCF wins this year, its because they were better than LSU that day. The whole if UCF wins that means LSU was disinterested is weak. Especially now, because with all this UCF talk. The LSU players here that too, so they are going to want to shut them up. So if they lose it's not because they are disinterested.

IMO no one should question UCF's win over Auburn either. People just assume well since UCF won, that means Auburn wasn't interested. I don't buy that at all. If that is the case, then that should be used against every single team who wins a bowl game every year, except for the teams in the playoffs.

Everyone said the same thing when Louisville beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Going in, Louisville didn't have a chance, all Florida had to do was show up. After Louisville comfortably beat the Gators, it became that Florida wasn't interested in the game.

It isn't exclusive to UCF.

I know it's hard for people to believe for since Auburn beat Bama and Georgia last year. There was no way UCF could beat Auburn. I guarantee you those Auburn players were playing hard, and last thing they would have wanted was a lost to UCF to end their season.

UCF beat Auburn last year, because they were better than day. Not because Auburn was disinterested. Just like if UCF wins this year, its because they were better than LSU that day. The whole if UCF wins that means LSU was disinterested is weak. Especially now, because with all this UCF talk. The LSU players here that too, so they are going to want to shut them up. So if they lose it's not because they are disinterested.

That may very well be the case, but public perception is public perception. The way UCF responded after beating Auburn was ridiculous.

That's why they should play anyone, any place they can during the season. When there is no doubt that everyone is motivated to win.

That's why they should play anyone, any place they can during the season. When there is no doubt that everyone is motivated to win.

This. Turning down 3 games against Florida, the premier or at least tied for the premier program in your state. Turning down 3 games against an SEC opponent. I don’t care where those games are played, play them. Would UCF have had a legit case to make the playoff if they had played and beat Florida this year? Potentially. I think the case would have been strong and in some years they may even make the playoffs. When all the talk from UCF has been they deserve a chance and that they could win if they had a chance, it’s extremely disingenuous to not take Florida’s offer. It makes zero sense for them to turn it down.

There is not doubt that Auburn was motivated to win. There is no doubt that LSU is motivated to win. Players go through 3 additional weeks of practice before they get to even play a bowl game. So by the time its time to play a game, players are tired of having to practice and ready to play. It's just a great excuse for people to use for when a team like UCF wins.

That may very well be the case, but public perception is public perception. The way UCF responded after beating Auburn was ridiculous.

I want UCF and Bama to win their bowl games so we can see concurrent "Back-to-Back National Championship" t-shirts for sale for the pure comedy of it all.

I doubt we see UCF declare themselves national champs this year. Last year they had somewhat of an argument. They were the only undefeated team left, and they beat the team who beat both of the teams who played for the title.

This year out of the teams left. Unless Oklahoma wins it, the Champion will be undefeated. So UCF won't have a win over any team who also beat the Champ. So I doubt they make that claim this year even if they beat LSU.

I doubt we see UCF declare themselves national champs this year. Last year they had somewhat of an argument. They were the only undefeated team left, and they beat the team who beat both of the teams who played for the title.

This year out of the teams left. Unless Oklahoma wins it, the Champion will be undefeated. So UCF won't have a win over any team who also beat the Champ. So I doubt they make that claim this year even if they beat LSU.

Oh I highly disagree with that. If UCF beats LSU I fully expect them to have their own t shirts made that say national champs instead of the fiesta bowl champ shirts.

I remember in the ancient days that there were plenty of teams that felt they had a legitimate claim to the National Title but weren't awarded it.

Penn State was undefeated in '68 and '69 and '73 but were never #1. They began scheduling more aggresively in the late 70's and early 80's. The result was they had the clout in '83 and '86 to be in a title type matchup.