UCF gets offer from Gators

Jumper_Dad

Yes it was, and you proved my point with your whole based on what comment. Because I can't prove they were. Just like you all can't prove they weren't interested. So thank you for that! Shows it is just an opinion, just like your all's was only an opinion and can't be presented as truth.

You were the first person that presented their opinion as fact... :lol2:

There is not doubt that Auburn was motivated to win. There is no doubt that LSU is motivated to win.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole argument just seems like it comes down to common sense. Suppose when you were in high school your parents promised you that if you make straight A's the whole year they'll send you on a trip to Paris for a week as a reward. Then suppose the the week before final exams you find out that they meant Paris, KY instead of Paris, France. Would anybody really be surprised if if the student gets a B in one of the classes after the finals are graded?

The whole argument just seems like it comes down to common sense. Suppose when you were in high school your parents promised you that if you make straight A's the whole year they'll send you on a trip to Paris for a week as a reward. Then suppose the the week before final exams you find out that they meant Paris, KY instead of Paris, France. Would anybody really be surprised if if the student gets a B in one of the classes after the finals are graded?

Nah, you'd have to prove they didn't really want to go to Paris, KY. :lol2:

You were the first person that presented their opinion as fact... :lol2:

Ha, I will give you an A for trying. However take a look at post #5 in this thread, the post that I actually even first quoted and replied too. Jumper dad definitely did try to present as fact that they beat a disinterested Auburn team and now a disinterested LSU team. So no I didn't start the whole presenting the opinion as fact, but keep on trying man lol.

So you think they'll beat a disinterested LSU this year after beating a disinterested Auburn last year then win how many against they Gators in the regular season series?

Ha, I will give you an A for trying. However take a look at post #5 in this thread, the post that I actually even first quoted and replied too. Jumper dad definitely did try to present as fact that they beat a disinterested Auburn team and now a disinterested LSU team. So no I didn't start the whole presenting the opinion as fact, but keep on trying man lol.

My opinion, never stated as a fact...nice try.

Auburn looked disinterested late in that game, to me.

Where did he say it was a fact or the truth before your post that I quoted? That can be read as purely his opinion...

YOU said "no doubt," not JD...

As you said, A for trying....

They were undefeated and beat the team who beat both teams in the finals. Yes it did make sense. Why shouldn't they then think they may be the best team in the country? Both Bama and Georgia lost the first time they played Auburn, while UCF beat them. So yes in their mind it would make sense in thinking they deserved that shot to be National Champ. So might as well declare themselves National Champs. The only undefeated team, and beat the team that beat the two teams who did play for the Championship. So yes it did make sense for why they did. Just because no one else has done that before, doesn't mean it didn't make sense.

I am very happy they did too, because the more controversy every where in college football. The better chance of expanding it to 8.

So UCF only has to win 1(one) game to be a National Champ against a Power 5 school?

Meanwhile Alabama had to win 2. Georgia had to win 1 and lose narrowly to the other and missed out. Auburn also got curb stomped by Georgia in the SEC title game so saying, "They beat the team that beat the top two is a misnomer."

So UCF only has to win 1(one) game to be a National Champ against a Power 5 school?

Meanwhile Alabama had to win 2. Georgia had to win 1 and lose narrowly to the other and missed out. Auburn also got curb stomped by Georgia in the SEC title game so saying, "They beat the team that beat the top two is a misnomer."

Actually, Bama had to win 12 games against P5 schools to be National Champs...

Where did he say it was a fact or the truth before your post that I quoted? That can be read as purely his opinion...

YOU said "no doubt," not JD...

As you said, A for trying....

So stating Auburn was disinterested and LSU is disinterested isn't trying to state it as fact? Ok then lol

So stating Auburn was disinterested and LSU is disinterested isn't trying to state it as fact? Ok then lol

This isn't hard...

Exactly what part of JD's statement shows he was trying to state it as fact?

You, on the other hand, said "There's no doubt Auburn was motivated to win."

Surely you see the difference...

Once again did I ever say yes UCF should have been the National Champ? Nope never said that. All I said was that they did have a point, which they did. It honestly is quite hilarious seeing how up in arms some of you all have gotten with UCF declaring themselves National Champs. Like that truly hurt things, or changed who everyone who looks back on as remembers as the National Champs.

This isn't hard...

Exactly what part of JD's statement shows he was trying to state it as fact?

You, on the other hand, said "There's no doubt Auburn was motivated to win."

Surely you see the difference...

So you think they'll beat a disinterested LSU this year after beating a disinterested Auburn last year....

Surely you can also see and comprehend that there is also nothing in this statement by him that looks like he is simply stating his opinion.

Sure looks like a statement and not just an opinion. But hey keep trying, I have 15 free minutes still.

So you think they'll beat a disinterested LSU this year after beating a disinterested Auburn last year....

Surely you can also see and comprehend that there is also nothing in this statement by him that looks like he is simply stating his opinion.

Sure looks like a statement and not just an opinion. But hey keep trying, I have 15 free minutes still.

So you're saying, since he didn't say it was his opinion, you're deciding he was stating it as fact for him?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: