5A #2 Bowling Green at Warren Central (#1 team in Indiana)

Who gets the W?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

• Bowling Green
    • Warren Central (IN)

The Purples (7-0) will make a three and a half hour trip to Indianapolis to face nationally ranked Warren Central (not to be confused with the Dragons). WC (8-0) has an enrollment of approximately 3,700 students and is one of the most heralded teams the Purples have faced in recent years. The Warriors own a win over Trinity earlier this year and blew out Carmel last week. David Bell is one of the top WR prospects in the country, and QB Roman Purcell is rated as the top dual threat QB in Indiana for the class of 2020.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running back for WC is really good. He ran all over Trinity. I believe he’s committed to Southern Illinois.

Their linemen are not tall but they are shaped like barrels and are strong. They have a receiver who is about 6'4" and fast-----caught the game-winner against Trinity on a slant. The RB is stocky...runs very hard ...need to gang-tackle him. If BG wins this game, I will be very impressed. Good luck.

Purples are facing Goliath but I don’t think they have enough rocks to knock him out.

I do think Vito Tisdale plays and will be interested to see how coaches use him. Of course, no coach will tell their team they are going to lose but by all indications, Purples are in trouble. With that said, i (coaching from the couch) would consider playing Vito at Corner on David Bell. Vito will be playing that position on Saturdays in a couple of years so go ahead and match him up with one of the premiere receivers in the country.

If Warren Central kicks it to him (Vito) or punts it to him, he will take it to the house!

I just don’t see how our lines can play with them nor our defensive backfield (with exception of Vito)

I do think we can score some points on them if Buchanon can have time to sling it. It’s hard for me to imagine a team putting up 50 or 60 on a Spader defense but it could happen. Wow!

I would love to be wrong but ...

The only goal I have is for the kids to go out and have fun, show some competitiveness and most importantly get back on the bus with NO INJURIES!

My Purples May lose but I guarantee they will go down swinging -

This is going to be a VERY difficult game for the Purples to win.

@DevilMayCare may be able to make it in 3.5 hours in his Rocket Car, but most will take 4+ hours with all the construction up 65. So the drive is just another issue to deal with.

I look for Vito to play defense in this game vs David Bell. If not, not sure how the Purples will be able to cover him.

Can the Purples run the ball vs Central? I don't know and that will be important. Because if Central makes the Purples one-dimentional it will be a long night. Purples defense needs to come up with turnovers and stops. Something no team has been able to do against Warren Central.

I picked BG to win because that's what I do, but I'll honestly be surprised with a close finish to this one!

Compete for 4 quarters regardless of the score and no injuries = win for me!

Go Purples

Actually @Purple88, I traded my rocket car in for a magic carpet. My fuel expenses were getting out of hand.

A couple of thoughts on this game...

1. If it comes to fruition, Vito vs. Bell would be an incredible 1on1 matchup. A chess match between elite talents that would be worth the price of admission alone.

2. Does anyone else think the timing of this game could be problematic for the Purples? Their biggest game of the season is the following week versus a well rested team that's had two weeks to prepare.

Actually @Purple88, I traded my rocket car in for a magic carpet. My fuel expenses were getting out of hand.

A couple of thoughts on this game...

1. If it comes to fruition, Vito vs. Bell would be an incredible 1on1 matchup. A chess match between elite talents that would be worth the price of admission alone.

2. Does anyone else think the timing of this game could be problematic for the Purples? Their biggest game of the season is the following week versus a well rested team that's had two weeks to prepare.

Absolutely!!!

If it's any other week honestly, it's not as much a problem, but right before the most important district game? Problem.

There is a reason for some level of hope.

Trinity scored 41 vs. Warren Central without the type of skill people that are on offense at BG.

Much like week 10 in KY HS Football, this is a week that means very little to Warren Central. Indiana ends the regular season earlier than Ky. Playoff seeding is set, playoffs impending, no real need for risking injuries to stars.

BGHS may be taking a butter knife to a sword fight but I'll bet they carve out everything possible to compete.

I am heading up for this game, for better or worse. Looks like temps will be in the low 40s upper 30s as the game goes on. BRRRRRR.

And my post may sound cold as well, but I don't see any way BG wins this games. I'll be surprised if Bowling Green can keep it within 3 touchdowns. I see the Purples getting blown out in this one and it not really being a contest.

This game and the timing is just not in a good place this season. I just hope we don't get a bunch of people hurt. I do think this game will have serious impact on the big matchup with South Warren the following week.