Final USA Today Expert Rankings - CovCath 25th

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but CovCath finished the season ranked 25th in the country by the USA Today Expert staff:

Boys Basketball Rankings

1 Montverde Academy, Montverde, FL 35 - 0 - 0

2 University School (Fort Lauderdale), Fort Lauderdale, FL 36 - 2 - 0

3 Findlay Prep, Henderson, NV 32 - 5 - 0

4 Memphis East, Memphis, TN 29 - 3 - 0

5 Imhotep Charter, Philadelphia, PA 31 - 2 - 0

6 LaLumiere, LaPorte, IN 23 - 5 - 0

7 Shadow Mountain, Phoenix, AZ 25 - 2 - 0

8 DeMatha, Hyattsville, MD 32 - 5 - 0

9 Oak Ridge, Orlando, FL 30 - 4 - 0

10 Roselle Catholic, Roselle, NJ 29 - 4 - 0

11 Garfield, Seattle, WA 28 - 2 - 0

12 Brentwood Academy, Brentwood, TN 25 - 5 - 0

13 Wasatch Academy, Mt. Pleasant, UT 24 - 2 - 0

14 Paul VI Fairfax, VA 33 - 4 - 0

15 Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas, NV 29 - 4 - 0

16 Sierra Canyon, Chatsworth, CA 27 - 4 - 0

17 Lone Peak, Highland, UT 23 - 4 - 0

18 Gonzaga Prep, Spokane, WA 27 - 0 - 0

19 Olympus, Salt Lake City, UT 27 - 0 - 0

20 Mountain Brook, Birmingham, AL 34 - 4 - 0

21 Upson-Lee, Thomaston, GA 32 - 0 - 0

22 Cretin-Derham Hall St. Paul, MN 30 - 2 - 0

23 IMG Academy, Bradenton, FL 23 - 4 - 0

24 Belleville-West, Belleville, IL 32 - 2 - 0

25 Covington Catholic, Park Hills, KY 34 - 4 - 0

USA Today Sports Super 25 Expert Rankings

Interesting to note that #5 Imhotep Charter, PA and #25 CovCath had one common oppenent, Cincinnati Moeller.

Here were the scores to those games:

Imhotep Charter, PA 47 - Moeller 44

Covington Catholic 58 - Moeller 53

First team in Greater Cincy to finish in USA Today Top 25 I am told by one of the coaches.

08/09 .... Jordan Sibert and Princeton finished #25 in the USA Today poll.

25. Princeton, Cincinnati (25-2)

Previous: 15. Results: Lost to then-No. 16 Northland (Columbus) 60-58 in state Division 1 title game despite 21 points by Jordan Sibert. Defeated St. Johns (Toledo) 55-41 as Marquis Horne scored 18 points.

Findlay leads final Super 25 after national tourney win - USATODAY.com

The OJ Mayo-Bill Walker teams were definitely ranked top 25 nationally during their 3peat...05/06 Bill Walker led North College Hill to a #3 final ranking.

3. North College Hill, Cincinnati (26-1)

Previous: 3. Highlight: Beat Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Cleveland) 90-73 to win Division III for second consecutive season.

USATODAY.com

08/09 .... Jordan Sibert and Princeton finished #25 in the USA Today poll.

25. Princeton, Cincinnati (25-2)

Previous: 15. Results: Lost to then-No. 16 Northland (Columbus) 60-58 in state Division 1 title game despite 21 points by Jordan Sibert. Defeated St. Johns (Toledo) 55-41 as Marquis Horne scored 18 points.

Findlay leads final Super 25 after national tourney win - USATODAY.com

The OJ Mayo-Bill Walker teams were definitely ranked top 25 nationally during their 3peat...05/06 Bill Walker led North College Hill to a #3 final ranking.

3. North College Hill, Cincinnati (26-1)

Previous: 3. Highlight: Beat Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Cleveland) 90-73 to win Division III for second consecutive season.

USATODAY.com

I thought the coach was wrong. I’m surprised those are the only ones. Seems like we’ve had some great teams over the years in this area.

I thought the coach was wrong. I’m surprised those are the only ones. Seems like we’ve had some great teams over the years in this area.

Those teams come to mind off the top of my head from covering hoops and being in high school around the same time.

Holmes finished in the MaxPreps XCellent 25 the year they won state and the USA Today top 40 poll the previous year when they lost to Darius and Mason Co in the state finals.

Pretty sure Covcath finished in the same two polls the year they won state, but not sure of the final rankings for each.

2004 Moeller team is another one that could have possibly finished in the top 25. I know they were in the USA Today top 10 at one point during the season.

Oak Hill was 44-2 and held two teams scoreless. How do they not crack the top 25?

Do each of the ranked schools only have 9th-12th graders? Perhaps Oak Hill isn't included because they have 5th year players? I have no idea, just throwing out possibilities...