Utah 69 Western Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

That second charge call to end the game was such garbage. Defender wasn't set and it should've been an and 1 that I'm convinced would've won WKU the game.

Hard to feel too bad about the year considering where WKU basketball was two years ago but it's tough to lose a close game like this wish so much at stake, especially for a team that I have really liked to see play this year.

Those were two tough calls. You hardly ever see the second one called that way with the defender back pedaling. Still one of those either ways where the offensive player usually gets the call.

Give Utah credit, they hit their free throws, simple as that.

The Toppers played hard, just didn't get the breaks at the end.

Bad decision by the WKU player on the second chage who elected to go rouge and take matters into his own hands and go one on one from 25 feet out.

Other than a few times, I thought WKU played well within themselves. Johnson was a warrior and the Mr. Basketball freshman is going to fun to watch for the next few years.

i also thought it was refreshing that here were a bunch of home-grown kids who actually played, or plan on playing in the same program for four years.

I was drawn to WKU basketball through Jake Ohmer, but have come to enjoy watching the entire team play.

Great run!!! Tough out!!!

Not to cast a pall over you NoKy people's hopes, but do you see Ohmer transferring somewhere (perhaps NKU)? He didn't really light it up this year, and it seems probable that defensive deficiencies didn't help his case. And he didn't shoot well, which killed his PT in the back half of the season. I kept looking for him on the floor every time I got a chance to watch Western and barely saw the guy play after Christmas.

I watched this one and was really pulling for the Toppers. That was a tough loss. WKU has a Great Coach and Class act in R. Stansbury. Actually, he is one that I would like to see given consideration for the U.K job when Cal decides to leave

Edited by oldrambler

To be honest, I thought that Jake played a bit passively when he did get the minutes in the NIT. He passed up some shots he would normally take, and really didn't factor.

What his future plans are, are up to him. I think that having his freshman year under his belt will benefit him, and look for him to be more assertive next year.

To be honest, I thought that Jake played a bit passively when he did get the minutes in the NIT. He passed up some shots he would normally take, and really didn't factor.

What his future plans are, are up to him. I think that having his freshman year under his belt will benefit him, and look for him to be more assertive next year.

I was yelling at the t.v. for him to shoot it. Those are the shots that he makes. Also Hollingsworth missed some shots near the foul line area that are in his wheelhouse.

I couldn't agree more. I kept saying shoot it every time he touched it. He always had more than enough time to let it fly.

Being passive is not going to get you far, at any level of basketball. He's got to come out of that, be it at WKU, NKU or wherever. He didn't look like the same Jake after that November/early December run he had

Given that WKU will probably have a nice recruiting class again this year, I would love to see Ohmer come back to NKU where he may get more playing time.

As much as I hope it doesn't, I think his playing time will decrease next year. His time started to decline when Stansbury's roster increased at mid year due to kids becoming eligible. Looks like he is reloaded for next year with one more scholarship to give.

Stansbury will add five new players to the fold, all of whom signed letters of intent in November: Guards Jeremiah Gambrell (Houston, Texas), Dalano Banton (Toronto) and Trevelin Queen (New Mexico Military Institute) and forwards Galen Smith (Bay St. Louis, Miss.) and Matthew Horton (Shelton State Community College).

Jared Savage, a forward who transferred from Austin Peay in 2017, will also be eligible for the upcoming season.

Western Kentucky will look to reload in 2

Justin Johnson has always been one of my favorite players. Charming personality to go along with some monster basketball skills. He played in 135 games and started 97 of them. Had the pleasure of watching him start a slam dunk competition at the Ky all star tryouts. amazing athlete. Already graduated and working on his masters!