2019-2022 Draft Football Realignment

PurplePride92

This information was made public today as the KHSAA has released the first draft of realignment for the 2019-2022 football seasons. Schools have a chance to respond to the realignment and things are expected to be finalized in May.

A lot if interesting requests and upon my first glance at it my thoughts are that this is the most competitive 5A has been since they went to 6 classes. I wouldn’t want to request up to play in 5A at all.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/358898002#click=https://t.co/z9vmzdaMnc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the CJ article, seven schools asked to play up a class:

Trimble County (A to 2A)

Boyle County (3A to 4A)

Central (3A to 4A)

East Jessamine (4A to 5A)

Highlands (4A to 5A)

Western (4A to 5A)

Barren County (5A to 6A)

Fulton City (A) chose to drop out of district competition.

Does anyone know at a glance which schools (if any) were allowed to play down? I can see where there were the schools that moved down, but assume the majority of those class changes were enrollment based. Wasn't it the bottom three in each class that were going to be allowed the option?

At first glance regarding 6A only.

The "Big 3" are all in different districts.

Male and Manual are in different districts so they can resume playing their rivalry game the last game of the year if they choose to.

Dislikes

Trinity is in a 3 team district. They have enough trouble getting games as it is, this adds 2 more they now have to come up with.

From a geographical standpoint Oldham County would have been a better fit in Trinity's district.

Does anyone know at a glance which schools (if any) were allowed to play down? I can see where there were the schools that moved down, but assume the majority of those class changes were enrollment based. Wasn't it the bottom three in each class that were going to be allowed the option?

Muhlenberg County would have been in 6A had Barren County not requested to play up.

1A - Bracken County elected to be placed in the draft alignment in 1A following Fulton City’s withdrawal. Betsy Layne elected to be placed in the draft alignment in 1A following Trimble County’s move

2A -Due to the multiple moves, the next lowest enrolled team was given the opportunity to move

from 3A to 2A to ensure that the “extra” team in 2A through 5A was in the lowest class. Morgan County elected to be placedin the draft in Class 2A

3A - Ashland Blazer and Rockcastle County elected to be placed in the draft alignment in 3A

4A – Logan County, Hopkinsville and Johnson Central elected to be placed in the draft alignment in 4A

5A – Muhlenberg County elected to be placed in the draft alignment in 5A following Marshall County declining to be placed in the draft alignment in Class 5A

From the CJ article, seven schools asked to play up a class:

Trimble County (A to 2A)

Boyle County (3A to 4A)

Central (3A to 4A)

East Jessamine (4A to 5A)

Highlands (4A to 5A)

Western (4A to 5A)

Barren County (5A to 6A)

Fulton City (A) chose to drop out of district competition.

The Mafia strikes again.

Rough move for Apollo up to 6A. First thought for my area is that Owensboro went from a tough district to a cakewalk outside Graves. Ohio, Grayson and Muhlenberg are all running clock type games for them. No matter how you slice it, I just hate the watered down 6 class system. I liked it much better at 4 but would even be willing to meet in the middle with 5.