Why do UK fans.....

PurplePride92

Why do UK fans care so much about rankings and polls? Seriously. Like why do y’all care so much? I see it on twitter, on Facebook and on here all of the time. The rankings mean absolutely nothing at all and they won’t mean a thing when it comes time to seed the NCAA tournament. So please explain to me why you guys get so frustrated about rankings.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not just rankings and polls. UK fans care more about what other people think about their team than any other team in the country.

And I swear they only care what you think about their team so they can tell you why you’re wrong or how bad of a hater you are. Or why it’s not fair and how bad the conspiracy is surrounding why they are _____________. (Fill in the blank)

KenPom rankings are the only ones that I really care about.

I'm more of a fan of the Massey Composite ratings. As the year progresses, it aggregates more and more computer rankings (right now there are 49 rankings). It isn't easy to manipulate because all of the rankings are looking at/for different things. The negative is it only updates on Sunday night.

Right now it has Kentucky at 20, which seems about right. Villanova, Virginia, Purdue, Duke, and Kansas are the top five. North Carolina is 11, Louisville is 28.

College Basketball Ranking Composite