Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why do UK fans.....

Featured Replies

Pick fans from any elite program and you'll get the same. I have in laws and friends scattered all over Indiana and back when IU was relevant they were the same way. It's become less so over the years as their success waned but it was bad in the 80's and 90's. Other elite programs that I have friends and family in the fanbase include Notre Dame, OSU, U of L and Alabama and I've seen the same thing there.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans that wear blinders take anything less that zelotous devotion to their team as a slight. And many also take that as because you don't like that team, that you are making some kind of person issuance with the person that supports them. (I give you the Dallas Cowboy fan base as an example - You don't like the Cowboys therefore you don't like me; The Dallas Cowboy Fan).

 

 

I have listened to this perception of ranking for dozens of years. Your team comes in at #20 - Well obviously whoever put this together knows nothing about the sport, never played it and their algorithm is most assuredly flawed. (Despite your team having a 16-6 record).

 

 

In the end - If you aren't #1 at the end and NCAA Champions; does it really matter?

  • Author
So you knew the answer to your question. Just a little baiting thread? I knew you were smart enough to figure it out.

 

Not a baiting thread at all. There are plenty of people I’d love to hear from. Not just you.

First, I don't think this is unique to UK fans, and that's already been mentioned, but rankings are how ~95% of fans gauge how good their teams are.

 

The overwhelming majority of fans in all sports have a limited understanding of the game, so "experts" giving an estimation of how good a team is could be the only way they know if their team is any good or not.

 

It's why we get caught up in the Cinderellas in March. "They weren't ranked, shows what those experts know."

Why do UK fans care so much about rankings and polls? Seriously. Like why do y’all care so much? I see it on twitter, on Facebook and on here all of the time. The rankings mean absolutely nothing at all and they won’t mean a thing when it comes time to seed the NCAA tournament. So please explain to me why you guys get so frustrated about rankings.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Gotta gripe about something.

And while we are at it, why do UK fans care so much about Grayson Allen? I don’t understand that at all either.

 

Because he stomped on Timberlake’s Chest.

I would say most UK fans are definitely in the state of Ky. Yeah you have your fans from other states that say "hey, that is a winning team I will root for them" but majority are in state fans. Meaning, they care a little bit more as UK basketball is a prideful thing we have here in Ky and it is something that unites the people of the state together.

 

Speaking as a native who has lived in ACC land since 1991. It has been a connection to Home in an alien land. Same with KY Derby.

As for Grayson Allen, I wouldn't care for him if he played for Kentucky. He's just not my kind of player at all.

One of the most popular/commented Reddit College Basketball thread each week is the AP poll. That sub is a pretty good mix of fans throughout the country so I don't think it is exclusive to Kentucky fans. I do think UK fans have a lot of pride, so they may be more vocal.

 

I care about the rankings because generally it's fun and part of the sport. I don't approach sports with a business or professional attitude nor do I worry about my fellow BBN fans being obnoxious. It's also a pride thing. I work or am friends with Xavier, UC, UK, OSU, ND, UL, Duke, UNC fans. I don't post on my social media accounts or message boards regularly about it, but I'd be lying if I said I was too cool for that and didn't care. That's what makes this region so fun to be a college basketball fan. There is a lot of school pride.

 

I do wish a Master fan would write a book about how to be the perfect fan. It could include qualifications on who you can cheer for and proper ways to handle yourself as a fan. Also things to look for from a fan base so that you can join the right one for you. If such a thing existed I'd hope BBN would pay attention and get in line so these superior fans could get better sleep at night.

I do wish a Master fan would write a book about how to be the perfect fan. It could include qualifications on who you can cheer for and proper ways to handle yourself as a fan. Also things to look for from a fan base so that you can join the right one for you. If such a thing existed I'd hope BBN would pay attention and get in line so these superior fans could get better sleep at night.

 

I've seen rain forests with less shade. :bunny:

My mom is still obsessed with rankings. Drives me batty. I have little use for them.

 

RE: Grayson Allen. Forgive me for not thinking you could substitute the words "Kentucky fans" with "everyone on Earth that isn't a Duke homer." :D

 

Agreed

Why do UK fans care so much about rankings and polls? Seriously. Like why do y’all care so much? I see it on twitter, on Facebook and on here all of the time. The rankings mean absolutely nothing at all and they won’t mean a thing when it comes time to seed the NCAA tournament. So please explain to me why you guys get so frustrated about rankings.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Why do you care about what UK fans care about?

  • Author
Because he stomped on Timberlake’s Chest.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

I wish I could like this twice.

  • Author
Why do you care about what UK fans care about?

 

Because y’all ruin perfectly good Duke threads that have zero to do with UK. I have no choice but to read it when I check in on the Duke thread and there y’all are whining about your ranking and how “if it was UK then we’d be blah blah blah blah.” Perfect reflection of your coach and Matt Jones I guess. Twitter, Facebook. All y’all do is whine about Duke, UL and UNC. Thank God y’all beat WVU because now y’all are back to having promise and headed to the Final Four. I’d much rather see UK fans be bipolar over their team as opposed to whining about Duke all of the time. Let it go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.