Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why do UK fans.....

Featured Replies

  • Author

 

I also don't understand why so many non-UK fans care what UK fans think...:idunno:

 

Because UK fans show up in non UK threads or speak up about other teams like UL, Duke and UNC when UK isn’t even playing making comments about UK so I can’t help but wonder why y’all care so much about non UK things.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not even close to being true, and I'm not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand....

 

I would say most UK fans are definitely in the state of Ky. Yeah you have your fans from other states that say "hey, that is a winning team I will root for them" but majority are in state fans. Meaning, they care a little bit more as UK basketball is a prideful thing we have here in Ky and it is something that unites the people of the state together.

Because UK fans show up in non UK threads or speak up about other teams like UL, Duke and UNC when UK isn’t even playing making comments about UK so I can’t help but wonder why y’all care so much about non UK things.

 

I couldn't tell ya. I only care about UK, NKU, and Xavier. I try to pretty much ignore everything else.

Because UK fans show up in non UK threads or speak up about other teams like UL, Duke and UNC when UK isn’t even playing making comments about UK so I can’t help but wonder why y’all care so much about non UK things.

 

Because there is a strong dislike between UK and the programs you mentioned. So any time there is low hanging fruit you are going to have people picking at it when they can.

  • Author
Because there is a strong dislike between UK and the programs you mentioned. So any time there is low hanging fruit you are going to have people picking at it when they can.

 

At least you admit it.

Because there is a strong dislike between UK and the programs you mentioned. So any time there is low hanging fruit you are going to have people picking at it when they can.

 

I guess I'll ask....Why? I've never understood why fans of one team expend so much energy and effort hating on other teams. Root for your team and who cares about anyone else.

At least you admit it.

 

So you knew the answer to your question. Just a little baiting thread? I knew you were smart enough to figure it out.

I guess I'll ask....Why? I've never understood why fans of one team expend so much energy and effort hating on other teams. Root for your team and who cares about anyone else.

 

I am not really sure. I guess it is like anything else in life. Why do people put others down? Why do people bully? I think it helps people feel better about themselves in someway when they talk down or bad about others (teams). Especially in a year like UK is having, UK is not playing well (minus the second half of last game) and Duke for example is really good this year so any chance they blunder a little you are going to have the UK faithful coming out to let Duke fans know about it.

I am not really sure. I guess it is like anything else in life. Why do people put others down? Why do people bully? I think it helps people feel better about themselves in someway when they talk down or bad about others.

 

That's probably a good comparison and a good way of looking at it.

 

The major difference I see, is that most people try to be good people and not put others down, not bully, etc. It seems with sports for some reason, fans take pleasure and gloat in the failings of other teams.

That's not even close to being true, and I'm not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand....

 

I'll give you that this may not be relevant to this thread but it certainly is true that most UK fans are from Ky or have some ties to the state of Ky and have a loyalty to Ky. If not where are they from, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee??

I'm more of a fan of the Massey Composite ratings. As the year progresses, it aggregates more and more computer rankings (right now there are 49 rankings). It isn't easy to manipulate because all of the rankings are looking at/for different things. The negative is it only updates on Sunday night.

 

Right now it has Kentucky at 20, which seems about right. Villanova, Virginia, Purdue, Duke, and Kansas are the top five. North Carolina is 11, Louisville is 28.

 

College Basketball Ranking Composite

 

I liked that rating a lot, I'll have to pay more attention to it if I can understand all the various components.

I'll give you that this may not be relevant to this thread but it certainly is true that most UK fans are from Ky or have some ties to the state of Ky and have a loyalty to Ky. If not where are they from, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee??

 

And how is that any different than any other program in college basketball?

 

And I'd argue that there are more Kentucky fans outside the state of Kentucky, then that live in the state.

I don't care about any of that. :idunno:

 

I also don't understand why so many non-UK fans care what UK fans think...:idunno:

 

This

I don't care about any of that. :idunno:

 

I also don't understand why so many non-UK fans care what UK fans think...:idunno:

 

Shhhhh! They don't see it. :lol:

My mom is still obsessed with rankings. Drives me batty. I have little use for them.

 

For the question, the anecdotal evidence being used is message boards and social media dominated by people in the state of Kentucky. That's your first problem. To put on my "why I like rankings cap": Silly as it may be, rankings are viewed in many eyes as a status thing... to dismiss it as meaning nothing is also not fair to the question because if they meant nothing, they wouldn't exist. Last week UK dropped from the top 25 and I heard it referenced a few times over the week, by national media, not UK fans. So why does the national media care? With information more fluid and better access to team coverages, I think rankings mean less now universally because we can eye test many more teams that we once could. When Murray State climbed to #7 in the polls in 2011, all I heard how they weren't nearly that good. Well, duh. You could watch them and see that. Had this happened in 1984, we maybe would have said, "dang, they must be legit."

 

RE: Grayson Allen. Forgive me for not thinking you could substitute the words "Kentucky fans" with "everyone on Earth that isn't a Duke homer." :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.