Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why do UK fans.....

Featured Replies

Why do UK fans care so much about rankings and polls? Seriously. Like why do y’all care so much? I see it on twitter, on Facebook and on here all of the time. The rankings mean absolutely nothing at all and they won’t mean a thing when it comes time to seed the NCAA tournament. So please explain to me why you guys get so frustrated about rankings.

 

Thanks in advance.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a UK fan, and I wholeheartedly concur. And they always worry about where Duke and North Carolina are ranked.

My daddy can beat up your daddy.

  • Author
I’m a UK fan, and I wholeheartedly concur. And they always worry about where Duke and North Carolina are ranked.

 

I don’t understand it all. Maybe it’s just me but this year seems worse than others.

  • Author

And while we are at it, why do UK fans care so much about Grayson Allen? I don’t understand that at all either.

It is not just rankings and polls. UK fans care more about what other people think about their team than any other team in the country.

 

And I swear they only care what you think about their team so they can tell you why you’re wrong or how bad of a hater you are. Or why it’s not fair and how bad the conspiracy is surrounding why they are _____________. (Fill in the blank)

About 98% also think all announcers hate them and are cheering for the other team, including Bilas and Vitale. I find that quite comical, although I could name one or two that might fit the bill.

I don't care about any of that. :idunno:

 

I also don't understand why so many non-UK fans care what UK fans think...:idunno:

I don't care about any of that. :idunno:

 

I also don't understand why so many non-UK fans care what UK fans think...:idunno:

 

I was just about to say this. Thank you.

KenPom rankings are the only ones that I really care about.

 

I'm more of a fan of the Massey Composite ratings. As the year progresses, it aggregates more and more computer rankings (right now there are 49 rankings). It isn't easy to manipulate because all of the rankings are looking at/for different things. The negative is it only updates on Sunday night.

 

Right now it has Kentucky at 20, which seems about right. Villanova, Virginia, Purdue, Duke, and Kansas are the top five. North Carolina is 11, Louisville is 28.

 

College Basketball Ranking Composite

Most UK fans live in or were born in Ky. and remain loyal to one team unlike a lot on here who picked a winner and root for them.

Most UK fans live in or were born in Ky. and remain loyal to one team unlike a lot on here who picked a winner and root for them.

 

That's not even close to being true, and I'm not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand....

That type of stuff gets on my nerves as a UK fan but at the end of the day who cares. It has zero affect on me or my love for UK so

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.