2019-2022 Football Classification

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That no matter what 6A will be Trinity winning and everyone else playing for runner-up. Honest question for Trinity folks, how excited do you really get with the relative ease in which Trinity takes care of in state buisness? Are you more happy when they win or relieved they didn't lose to a lesser opponent?

That no matter what 6A will be Trinity winning and everyone else playing for runner-up. Honest question for Trinity folks, how excited do you really get with the relative ease in which Trinity takes care of in state buisness? Are you more happy when they win or relieved they didn't lose to a lesser opponent?

Question for you... How is any of that Trinity's fault?

I didn't say it was. Touchy touchy. It is clear as day that Trinity is in another stratosphere than the rest of the state on the football field. But since the 2000's have rolled around its been all T with some Male mixed in. As a sports fan I appreciate dynasties as much as the next guy. I just asked a simple question wasn't blaming anyone.

I think the depends on how many 1A & 2A teams drop out of district play for the next cycle.

In the past those teams have dropped after alignments were made, in many cases leaving three-team districts. Tackett has said he wants to avoid three team districts if at all possible. I'm curious if they'll require schools to drop before making the final alignment, thus adjusting the total number of teams per class and maximizing the opportunity to have at least four team districts.

Jason Frakes reporting a lot of moves across the state via Twitter:

Johnson Central and Hopkinsville up to 5A

Corbin and LexCath up to 4A

Glasgow up to 3A

Beechwood up to 2A

Scott County down to 5A

NCC down to 1A

This threw me for a loop until I remembered the new school.

By the way, when the overall list comes out, keep an eye on the two or three largest and smallest schools in each class. Those are the ones who will be effected by other schools choosing to play up. In the last realignment, if a team chose to play up a class, the smallest school in the above class was given the option to drop. If they didn't drop, then the question went to the next smallest, and so on. I'm assuming the KHSAA will follow a similar pattern this time.

Numbers are on the KHSAA website through the Board of Control agenda but I can't get it to link on here. Click on the link below and go down to Tentative Division of Classes.

KSBA's Public Portal

There are two sets of numbers. There is a list of schools per class, with 32 in the largest and smallest class and the rest divided evenly. There also appears to be a second set of numbers (perhaps a second proposal?) that has only 24 teams in Class 6A and 1A.