2019-2022 Football Classification

Knott would be moving to 2A according to this. If that happens I wouldn't be surprised to see Bath (They petitioned to move up last time) or Fleming in this district. I think they were both in this district before.

If it happens, I could see Powell and Estill being the only two teams in that district, staying together in a new district

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fredrick Douglas will drop to 4A? That seems odd to me considering this was their first year and opened as a 6A school..

They have only had around 975-1000 total they just done it these first two years I believe to be safe not knowing for sure how many students they would actually have. I believe at the start of school this fall they were only around 950 students total. They will be very competitive Year in and year out in 4A I think.

They have only had around 975-1000 total they just done it these first two years I believe to be safe not knowing for sure how many students they would actually have. I believe at the start of school this fall they were only around 950 students total. They will be very competitive Year in and year out in 4A I think.

I would imagine... The only reason their enrollment isn't 6A right now is because the upper classes are allowed to still stay at their prior high schools. By the time this realignment happens there is no doubt in my mind that Douglas will have 6A enrollment, while being allowed to play a 4A schedule from 2019-2022.

That no matter what 6A will be Trinity winning and everyone else playing for runner-up. Honest question for Trinity folks, how excited do you really get with the relative ease in which Trinity takes care of in state buisness? Are you more happy when they win or relieved they didn't lose to a lesser opponent?

I knew what you where getting at, always happy when they win. However it can be difficult to get excited when playing an opponent that is clearly out manned. But still love watching the ROCKS play, regardless.

After talking with a member of the Highlands squad, they will be playing 5A. And thank goodness, it would be ashamed to move down just to avoid tougher competition. That’s just not right.

#MHFGA

Wouldn't technically be moving down since 4A is the class they officially are supposed to be in.

After talking with a member of the Highlands squad, they will be playing 5A. And thank goodness, it would be ashame to move down just to avoid tougher competition. That’s just not right.

#MHFGA

I am surprised if true. 5A puts the coaching position more at risk. Given the current staff they should coach in 4A. Unless the HHS coach has the support of the school admin. Win or Lose in 5A.