2019-2022 Football Classification

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised if true. 5A puts the coaching position more at risk. Given the current staff they should coach in 4A. Unless the HHS coach has the support of the school admin. Win or Lose in 5A.

The coach I talked to expressed to me some very big changes coming way of the Birds program. There have been some meetings over the past few weeks with Admin and Staff that points towards success at a level Highlands is used to playing. Sounds like everyone involved is on the same page. Excited to see where this goes. From the looks of it all, BW and crew, Admin. and others have come together to start a new chapter in Highlands football. Oh, and it will be in 5A.

I'm guessing in Northern Kentucky 1A they will leave Bishop Brossart in District 5 with Berea, Paris, and Nicholas County, and then go to a five team district for District 4 with Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, Newport, and Newport Central Catholic. Even with Beechwood gone, that would leave District 4 with the same winner, year in and year out.

I don't think they will do that to Brossart and make them have long travel trips for district when there are two teams in the same county 15 minutes away in Newport and NCC.

I could see them doing what they did in 6a during this current alignment when they had two three team districts in nky. Cooper, Conner, and Ryle was one. Boone, Sk, and Campbell was the other.

I could see them doing that in 1a. Newport, NCC, and Brossart in 1 district. Ludlow, Bellevue, and Dayton in the other. Which I think would be neat to see the little river schools actually be able to compete without having a top 3 team in the state in their district every year for the last 30 years.

I don't think they will do that to Brossart and make them have long travel trips for district when there are two teams in the same county 15 minutes away in Newport and NCC.

I could see them doing what they did in 6a during this current alignment when they had two three team districts in nky. Cooper, Conner, and Ryle was one. Boone, Sk, and Campbell was the other.

I could see them doing that in 1a. Newport, NCC, and Brossart in 1 district. Ludlow, Bellevue, and Dayton in the other. Which I think would be neat to see the little river schools actually be able to compete without having a top 3 team in the state in their district every year for the last 30 years.

Could see a team from District 5 move to the Paintsville/Raceland District to make room for NCC/Newport too?

Won’t be surprised if Berea’s new coach drops them out of district play.

Does Boyle County move up to 4A with their rival Lexington Catholic? With both Mercer County and Taylor County dropping to 3A I would say it's a little less likely. We shall see.

Why would they? I think all of 3A hopes so, but I don't see why Boyle would.

The coach I talked to expressed to me some very big changes coming way of the Birds program. There have been some meetings over the past few weeks with Admin and Staff that points towards success at a level Highlands is used to playing. Sounds like everyone involved is on the same page. Excited to see where this goes. From the looks of it all, BW and crew, Admin. and others have come together to start a new chapter in Highlands football. Oh, and it will be in 5A.

Very big changes??? The 4A school is still playing up in 5A, Brian kept his job, he kept his staff, I'm not sure that's possible to have BIG changes. What constitutes a big change in your opinion? They not going to run around the field goal post any longer? That's about all we have left isn't it? I really do hope something big happens for the Birds. They have the talent now, it's time to get it done. No more excuses, its go time boys! I'm looking forward to next season.

What are the chances that NCC requests to remain in 2A? That would make a 2A district with NCC and Beechwood very fun and competitive and finally give the river city schools a district that can be won by a different team year in and year out. Even if Holy Cross (Cov) were to drop into that district it would still make it competitive.

That would be the most interesting and competitive way to do the small schools in NKY.

I would prefer to see the two 3-team districts, like you described, but they already have Brossart in District 5 under the current alignment. Granted, they have Bracken County as a closer competitor than Berea and Paris, but they still play all of those other teams in District 5 as it is.

What are the chances that NCC requests to remain in 2A? That would make a 2A district with NCC and Beechwood very fun and competitive and finally give the river city schools a district that can be won by a different team year in and year out. Even if Holy Cross (Cov) were to drop into that district it would still make it competitive.

That would be the most interesting and competitive way to do the small schools in NKY.

I'd say zero.

I would prefer to see the two 3-team districts, like you described, but they already have Brossart in District 5 under the current alignment. Granted, they have Bracken County as a closer competitor than Berea and Paris, but they still play all of those other teams in District 5 as it is.

You also have to remember they also only was suppose to have 32 teams in 1A and they wanted everyone to make the playoffs. So it was easier to put Brossart in a district with Brossart and the other teams. Rather than put them in the other NKY district that already had 4 teams in its district.

That is why I think now since there will be 6 teams in NKY 1A. They possibly will make two NKY 1A districts with 3 teams each. Especially with Brossart gone, it makes even less sense now to make Brossart have to drive over an hour to get to district games when there are 5 other NKY teams in 1A with them.

It will be interesting to see what the districts end up looking like once the realignments are final.