Navy 49 Virginia 7

newarkcatholicfan

I am guessing most did not watch Navy (7-6) sing Virginia (6-7) by the count of 49-7 earlier today?

Malcolm Perry(Clarksville, Tennessee) led a potent rushing attack for the winners with 114 yards and 2 touchdowns. Teammate Zach Abey(Pasadena, Maryland) had 5 touchdowns to go with 86 yards. Chris High(Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) chipped in with 101 yards. In all Navy rushed for 455 yards.

Virginia totaled just 177 yards, with only 32 rushing yards.

Since Army has recommitted itself to option fb, the Army Navy rivalry is back to being a donnybrook of mirror images. Teams like Virginia and lower tier power 5 teams will always struggle to stop offenses like Army/Navy. On the other hand UVA should be able to move the ball (offense was very lacking to a weird degree)

I almost made the trip to Annapolis for this, but ultimately decided to stay home.

Despite my school/avatar and what they did to Boise State earlier in the season, I like UVA (no, I didn't get rejected from there. Didn't even apply). Got excited after the opening kick-off, but it went from great to painful to watch. UVA getting to a bowl game is a good step for the program. I'm sure Mendenhall would've loved to have had a winning season, but the ship is headed in the right direction.