John Higgins is suing KSR

RoyalWildcat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the link:

The lawsuit also alleges that Jones and Franklin allowed commenters on KSR to post links to Weatherguard’s website on the KSR website and its Facebook page. Jones also repeatedly referenced – and even spelled out – the company’s website name on a radio show that he hosts.

I don't know much about the specifics of what KSR did or allowed. If some random schmo comes to a public forum and puts out this info, can you sue a website for hosting said forum? Now if it was left out there and the crew was telling everyone to go after Higgins, then ok. I have to think this is a common lawsuit in the internet world.

I really can't see much coming from this. To my knowledge KSR never asked anyone to call the business or to threaten anyone. Anyone can sue anyone, winning the lawsuit is another story. From the article it was another website that posted the contact information for Higgins company, shouldn't they be the main focus of the lawsuit rather than KSR?

Just to add a disclaimer, I'm not a Matt Jones fan at all. I just don't see much substance to this lawsuit.

I don’t know about the leagalities of this stuff to know if he has a good case or not, but doesn’t this pretty much exclude him from working a Kentucky game any time in the near future?

I'd think so. Is there anyway he or anyone could be thought to be unbiased after all that has happened? Even if he was unbiased, no one would ever believe it.