Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Higgins is suing KSR

Featured Replies

At the very least, this probably means Higgins won't be assigned UK games anymore.

 

Agreed, he mentions Cal by name in the suit, so I do not believe he will be work his games.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see anything coming from this either.

 

By reading this thread, I might one of the few that is a fan of Matt, and KSR. I really enjoy their show.

Fans can be stupid.

I've never listened to Matt Jones in my life.

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't be happy if this guy never officiated another UK game in his life.

It is very interesting that so many hate him. He has made it where Kentucky fans have way more access than ever before which makes this such a weird dynamic.

It is very interesting that so many hate him. He has made it where Kentucky fans have way more access than ever before which makes this such a weird dynamic.

 

He is liberal. Thats why.

It is very interesting that so many hate him. He has made it where Kentucky fans have way more access than ever before which makes this such a weird dynamic.

 

I can't stand him. He's sophomoric and acts like a 5 year old.

 

With that being said, I give him props. He turned being a huge UK fan into a really well paying and successful career.

I enjoy his radio show but can see why people would dislike him, especially non UK fans.

He is liberal. Thats why.

 

Least surprising post in BGP history. Also a huge reason why you'll never see unity among people when they refuse to listen to a person because of the letter behind their name. That's idiocy.

This suit makes Higgins far more unlikable. No wonder he's a terrible referee.

I see this comment by folks from time to time. I'll admit I'm nothing more than an occasional summertime KSR listener (I teach school and am not available most of the year) and I do watch his show a couple times per week. Why are people in Kentucky so adamantly against him? He seems like an ultimate fan goober who found a way to make money from it. I'm not sure where the angst over him comes from.

 

(Obviously if you are not a Kentucky fan I can see why you wouldn't like him but I'm asking more on behalf of Kentucky folks)

 

Just don’t line the guy and his bias. I understand he’s supposed to be but he hates being called out on things. Yes, I used to get on him on twitter until he blocked me and I’m ok with that. He’s just a huge tool IMO.

Matt Jones is a world class Tool. He plays up to an irrational fan base (most of the time) and his material is not very good. I can't understand how this guy gets any prime air time. I have met him twice while working with the Legends and he has been a tool both times.

This suit makes Higgins far more unlikable. No wonder he's a terrible referee.

I don’t think the suit will amount to anything for Higgins but the one good thing about it is he will now most definitely not be able to officiate another UK game due to conflict of interest.

The dude has always been openly biased against Kentucky anytime he’s assigned to their games, which have usually been important ones in the NCAA tourney.

 

In the lawsuit it says that UK had 19 fouls and UNC had 18. Lol, as if that’s suppose to prove how fair the game was officiated. UNC should have had 35 fouls called against them. Meeks alone had at least 12.

It will get tossed. Higgins should have just let it die, now he is bringing negative attention back upon something that most everyone had forgotten about. He would have about as much of a chance in winning a lawsuit against UK because some of their fans acted like idiots as he will with this one against KSR. Like I mentioned before, anyone can sue anyone.

 

Um, so you're saying UK fans don't hold a grudge? This thread is evidence of the contrary.

Um, so you're saying UK fans don't hold a grudge? This thread is evidence of the contrary.

 

I'm sure some do.. Unfortunately that's human nature, it's not selective to UK fans only. I would imagine that 99% of the fanbase had completely forgotten about Higgins however with a small percentage that likely still don't even know who he is.

I don't know much about the specifics of what KSR did or allowed. If some random schmo comes to a public forum and puts out this info, can you sue a website for hosting said forum? Now if it was left out there and the crew was telling everyone to go after Higgins, then ok. I have to think this is a common lawsuit in the internet world.

 

Anyone can sue anyone for anything but in the case of an individual coming to a public forum and sharing something, the individual sharing the information is the responsible party.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.