Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Higgins is suing KSR

Featured Replies

Just waiting for some UK fan to counter-sue Higgins for causing emotional distress by his actions.

 

Hope Higgins case does not go to a jury..........................might be hard to find 12 Louisville fans anymore.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. No chance he could claim he’s impartial while he’s suing the major website of the fan base.

 

Agree 100%

There's no way John Higgins is winning this lawsuit. KSR can't be held responsible for the actions of idiots. This will help KSR grow and cause people to treat Higgins even worse. Is he also suing the phone book for publishing his number publicly? Come on man.

I really can't see much coming from this. To my knowledge KSR never asked anyone to call the business or to threaten anyone. Anyone can sue anyone, winning the lawsuit is another story. From the article it was another website that posted the contact information for Higgins company, shouldn't they be the main focus of the lawsuit rather than KSR?

 

Just to add a disclaimer, I'm not a Matt Jones fan at all. I just don't see much substance to this lawsuit.

 

Might be the first full lawsuit I've ever read. I am certainly not a lawyer, but I think Higgins is going to have a pretty hard time winning this. I'd be intrigued to hear @Getslow's take on the whole thing.

 

KSR always continuously stated that fans should not contact Higgins business, whether by phone or Facebook page, which the lawsuit even states. However KSR turned around and made fun of posts BBN wa posting, which the lawsuit claims was KSR enticing. There is a little more to it but thats the jist.

 

Idk, I feel like KSR won't give in to let this go away and my prediction is that a judge throws it out.

Higgins issues should be with the idiotic members of the BBN, but can't go after them, so him and his lawyers go after a bigger target.

There's no way John Higgins is winning this lawsuit. KSR can't be held responsible for the actions of idiots. This will help KSR grow and cause people to treat Higgins even worse. Is he also suing the phone book for publishing his number publicly? Come on man.

 

Lots of free publicity for KSR as all those that want to see it fall on its face(e.g. Pat Forde) are quick to post Dana O'Neil's article. Also others like Seth Davis.

 

I am sure this will carry on for a little while.

Might be the first full lawsuit I've ever read. I am certainly not a lawyer, but I think Higgins is going to have a pretty hard time winning this. I'd be intrigued to hear @Getslow's take on the whole thing.

 

KSR always continuously stated that fans should not contact Higgins business, whether by phone or Facebook page, which the lawsuit even states. However KSR turned around and made fun of posts BBN wa posting, which the lawsuit claims was KSR enticing. There is a little more to it but thats the jist.

 

Idk, I feel like KSR won't give in to let this go away and my prediction is that a judge throws it out.

 

It will get tossed. Higgins should have just let it die, now he is bringing negative attention back upon something that most everyone had forgotten about. He would have about as much of a chance in winning a lawsuit against UK because some of their fans acted like idiots as he will with this one against KSR. Like I mentioned before, anyone can sue anyone.

  • Author

No chance Higgins wins this case, as a current pre-law student I can’t believe they’re even attempting this. It’s very far fetched and would be shocked if it even goes to trial.

This isn't even a real lawsuit. If it had any chance most websites including this one should be worried.

At the very least, this probably means Higgins won't be assigned UK games anymore.

One can only hope Matt Jones loses it all.

 

I see this comment by folks from time to time. I'll admit I'm nothing more than an occasional summertime KSR listener (I teach school and am not available most of the year) and I do watch his show a couple times per week. Why are people in Kentucky so adamantly against him? He seems like an ultimate fan goober who found a way to make money from it. I'm not sure where the angst over him comes from.

 

(Obviously if you are not a Kentucky fan I can see why you wouldn't like him but I'm asking more on behalf of Kentucky folks)

I see this comment by folks from time to time. I'll admit I'm nothing more than an occasional summertime KSR listener (I teach school and am not available most of the year) and I do watch his show a couple times per week. Why are people in Kentucky so adamantly against him? He seems like an ultimate fan goober who found a way to make money from it. I'm not sure where the angst over him comes from.

 

(Obviously if you are not a Kentucky fan I can see why you wouldn't like him but I'm asking more on behalf of Kentucky folks)

 

Some can't get past his politics, I disagree with almost all of his politics but the UK and current events stuff is the entertainment for me.

  • Author

I'm honestly jealous of Matt Jones, IMO he has the best job possible for a life long UK fan. It's also not like he's doing this because he can't do anything else, the guy has a Law Degree from Duke. I do wish he'd keep his political stuff to himself but you can't dislike the guy because of politics.

If you dislike someone because of his political views than you need to look at life a little different.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.