Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Higgins is suing KSR

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goodbye KSR.

 

Not for the amount that he’s asking for ($75K). Now, if they layer some on top? Maybe.

 

That said, I hope he wins.

Not for the amount that he’s asking for ($75K). Now, if they layer some on top? Maybe.

 

 

That said, I hope he wins.

 

Agree on both accounts!

From the link:

 

The lawsuit also alleges that Jones and Franklin allowed commenters on KSR to post links to Weatherguard’s website on the KSR website and its Facebook page. Jones also repeatedly referenced – and even spelled out – the company’s website name on a radio show that he hosts.

The only hold up (unless I missed someting) is this should have happened back at the end of basketball season, not 5-6 months later...but Matt Jones is a moron....

Drew Franklin is ok. Matt Jones is a massive tool and should've never been given the platform he now has. Would love to see the dissolvement of KSR.

I don't know much about the specifics of what KSR did or allowed. If some random schmo comes to a public forum and puts out this info, can you sue a website for hosting said forum? Now if it was left out there and the crew was telling everyone to go after Higgins, then ok. I have to think this is a common lawsuit in the internet world.

Drew Franklin is ok. Matt Jones is a massive tool and should've never been given the platform he now has. Would love to see the dissolvement of KSR.

 

What was he given?

It will be interesting to see how this falls out.

I really can't see much coming from this. To my knowledge KSR never asked anyone to call the business or to threaten anyone. Anyone can sue anyone, winning the lawsuit is another story. From the article it was another website that posted the contact information for Higgins company, shouldn't they be the main focus of the lawsuit rather than KSR?

 

Just to add a disclaimer, I'm not a Matt Jones fan at all. I just don't see much substance to this lawsuit.

I don’t know about the leagalities of this stuff to know if he has a good case or not, but doesn’t this pretty much exclude him from working a Kentucky game any time in the near future?

I don’t know about the leagalities of this stuff to know if he has a good case or not, but doesn’t this pretty much exclude him from working a Kentucky game any time in the near future?

 

I'd think so. Is there anyway he or anyone could be thought to be unbiased after all that has happened? Even if he was unbiased, no one would ever believe it.

I'd think so. Is there anyway he or anyone could be thought to be unbiased after all that has happened? Even if he was unbiased, no one would ever believe it.

 

Exactly. No chance he could claim he’s impartial while he’s suing the major website of the fan base.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.