If your child is awarded a D1/D2 scholly in a Fall Sport and wants to...............

frankdracman23

..........play their Senior year a Winter Sport or Spring Sport that they have not played in high school what would your advice be?

So the child gets a D1/D2 full ride offer in Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Golf, Cross Country in their Senior year but then decides they want to play basketball, softball/baseball, run track, play tennis because they are a good athlete and can help the school team out......would you....

Be all for it?

Be against it because of the injury worry?

Discuss the Pros and Cons with the student and make a joint decision?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be against it, but would discuss with the student and come to a joint decision. I would not want my child to miss out on an experience he/she could find very rewarding and will never have the chance to duplicate. Let children be children. There is no way to predict anything negative occurring and also no way to predict any possible injury while training for upcoming scholarship sport.

YODO, too.

"When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." --Tecumseh

"When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." --Tecumseh

I hate the phrase "YOLO" due to the usual idiot things that are done after the user says it.

I'm all for living life to its fullest, just not being stupid about it.

I believe this is one reason Chris Lofton did not go to Louisville. Pitino did not want him to play Football and pulled his offer. Chris had grew up with those boys and no way was he not going to play. Plus they had a shot at a state title and he set records as a wide receiver.