If your child is awarded a D1/D2 scholly in a Fall Sport and wants to...............

frankdracman23

John, that isn't true at all. Kids get "not renewed" every year, and it isn't hard to come up with a reason. Certainly happens mostly in college hoops, but non-renewals is really common, it just usually comes veiled as "Joe decided to transfer".

Sure kids are told that they aren’t gonna play anymore and end up transferring . I’ve just never seen it as cut throat as your post could have implied. At the end of the day it’s a contract, I would encourage all kids to read them thoroughly.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure kids are told that they aren’t gonna play anymore and end up transferring . I’ve just never seen it as cut throat as your post could have implied. At the end of the day it’s a contract, I would encourage all kids to read them thoroughly.

I heard a story of a new hoops coach that came in and only kept one kid on the existing roster. @4pointplay?

I heard a story of a new hoops coach that came in and only kept one kid on the existing roster. @4pointplay?

After my sons redshirt year at SVSU there was a coaching change in May. New coach kept existing roster for first year. They had 4 senior starters and my son as a redshirt frosh.

After they went 13-14 in that year coach basically cleaned house. Take out the graduating seniors and he basically told 7 players not good enough to play here and scholarships would not be renewed. Only returned two players one of whom was a walk on and the other being my son.

After my sons redshirt year at SVSU there was a coaching change in May. New coach kept existing roster for first year. They had 4 senior starters and my son as a redshirt frosh.

After they went 13-14 in that year coach basically cleaned house. Take out the graduating seniors and he basically told 7 players not good enough to play here and scholarships would not be renewed. Only returned two players one of whom was a walk on and the other being my son.

And your son made it how far in the NCAA tourney his sr season?

And your son made it how far in the NCAA tourney his sr season?

As it turned out it was a bad news/good news situation. Tough at first when players he had been on campus with and forged relationships for two years were basically shown the door.

Good news as the next class that coach recruited formed the nucleus of the team that won the conference championship and advanced to the Elite 8 in the NCAA tourney.