President Trump to Reinstate Military Ban on Transgender Individuals

Better than sharing an article that will be criticized for its bias, here is the text from his tweets.

"After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military.

Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail."

No commentary from me since I'm at work. Just sharing.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that this should impact the debate, but just curious how many people we are talking about here. Is it hundreds, thousands, or more?

I've seen numbers well over 10,000, but I can't find the source for that at this point. It's purportedly the largest employers of trans people in the country. In terms of sheer scale, I find that totally believable, even if the total numbers are off.

What the actual....?!!

Why would you not allow someone who is willing and able to serve their country?

Not commenting on the Transgender issue, but it is not as easy to serve the country as it used to be. Kids have to test in, etc. They are doing more screening than in the past. Many kids don't make the cut.

Not commenting on the Transgender issue, but it is not as easy to serve the country as it used to be. Kids have to test in, etc. They are doing more screening than in the past. Many kids don't make the cut.

Now an entire group of people aren’t even given the opportunity to make the cut that others are…..

I'm interested to hear the rationale behind this....

Agree, I don’t get it…. is this an attempt to pacify/soften the blow his proposed healthcare may have on a certain sect of his supporters? Somebody please help me…

I'm interested to hear the rationale behind this....

It sounds like this is what the stated rational was--

Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail

So I guess it's too expensive and disruptive for them to serve?? :idunno:

On tangent here, is there any research/info available on Transgender Medical Costs vs. Male or Females or any other group of people?

Who cares? These people are sacrificing for the safety of our country.