President Trump to Reinstate Military Ban on Transgender Individuals

On tangent here, is there any research/info available on Transgender Medical Costs vs. Male or Females or any other group of people?

Trump bars transgender people from serving 'in any capacity' in the U.S. military - LA Times

I can't quote the article but Pentagon did a study and it said it would increase healthcare for military between $2.4 million to $8.4 million. They estimate 6,640 transgender currently serving. Hormone therapy and gender transition surgery was covered under the policy which they estimate between 25 and 130 surgeries a year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? These people are sacrificing for the safety of our country.

I am trying to look at the economics of the decision separate from any feelings anyone has.

We elected a businessman as the President, he is going to make business decisions.

I am trying to look at the economics of the decision separate from any feelings anyone has.

We elected a businessman as the President, he is going to make business decisions.

Well in that case lets ban women as well. I'd guess the medical costs for them is more than males.

Okay, I guess I am not allowed to ask questions in an attempt to understand.

Well of course you can. You said look at it from the economics point of view. If everything is going to be that black and white then that should be on the table as well.

Well of course you can. You said look at it from the economics point of view. If everything is going to be that black and white then that should be on the table as well.

They by all means start a thread on it.

Stop it.

The only business decision that was made here was trying to deflect the attention away from the real issues his administration is failing to properly handle.

I am okay with this decision. If I were in the military, I would not like my life relying on someone who is facing mental and physical issues related to being transgender.

A very fair point.

Anytime anyone is facing mental and physical issues they are not fit for combat and frankly they are very dangerous.

They by all means start a thread on it.

How is questioning whether we should kick women out of the military because of medical costs not the exact same topic as transgender folks? Why does it need another thread?