President Trump to Reinstate Military Ban on Transgender Individuals

A very fair point.

Anytime anyone is facing mental and physical issues they are not fit for combat and frankly they are very dangerous.

Well, let's get anyone going through a divorce, or losing a family member out. Depressed? You're fired.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am okay with this decision. If I were in the military, I would not like my life relying on someone who is facing mental and physical issues related to being transgender.

A very fair point.

Anytime anyone is facing mental and physical issues they are not fit for combat and frankly they are very dangerous.

How many people with PTSD are currently serving? That would seem to be a much much greater risk IMO.

Transgender surgeries seem elective to me: like breast implants. But to implement a ban on qualified Americans to serve seems counterproductive.

That's how I feel. If you don't want to cover the surgery expenses, that's fair IMO. To simply ban them from service and to do so under the guise of increased medical costs isn't fooling anyone.

Transgender surgeries seem elective to me: like breast implants. But to implement a ban on qualified Americans to serve seems counterproductive.

That's how I feel. If you don't want to cover the surgery expenses, that's fair IMO. To simply ban them from service and to do so under the guise of increased medical costs isn't fooling anyone.

Agreed...

How is questioning whether we should kick women out of the military because of medical costs not the exact same topic as transgender folks? Why does it need another thread?

Maybe we should have just one thread for all the President Trump hating.

I'd also like to hear from the generals and people serving how they feel about this? Is it currently causing problems? Is there bullying going on? Does it make a big difference in morale, etc? It seems such a low percentage of active duty, it doesn't seem like a big issue. The only issue I would have is paying for elective surgery.