Sad news out of Clark County

mcraycraft

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mykal Barnes died this afternoon at UK hospital. I want to personally thank all that was praying for this young man. Mykal was a Senior at GRC and a member of the football and baseball team.

One of the basketball players and close friend of Mykals stated it best. I will borrow the passage that he used.

"Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness." Isaiah 51:11

RIP Mykal.

Man, I hate to read this. Fat old men like me are supposed to go, not a 17 year old kid with his whole life in front of him.

Condolescenses and prayers to his family and friends.

And for all the other teenage kids reading this thread, please be careful. You are not invincible and life is very fragile.

Man, I hate to read this. Fat old men like me are supposed to go, not a 17 year old kid with his whole life in front of him.

And for all the other teenage kids reading this thread, please be careful. You are not invincible and life is very fragile.

I couldn't have said it better myself, so I'm not going to try.

Prayers for his family and the program from Monroe County. When our own #84 passed last year it devasted this community, but he is with us at every adventure and the boys and community have rallied around his passing to dedicate their season to him. I hope good things come from this young mans passing...thats all we can pray for!!!!!! God Bless...

Well said Leatherneck. Well said.

Condolences to the GRC family, and especially to the family of this young man.