A look a couple a weeks ahead

nWo

I'm looking ahead to the middle and end of January. For now, it appears that the snow will come to Kentucky. Let me say that we are two weeks away and things could and more than likely will change. Also, it is impossible to say how much snow if any will accumulate. First for the period from 7 am EST Monday 1/20/2020 to 7 pm EST Tuesday 1/21/2020. It looks to start off as rain then ends as snow. With this one and the next system, I will discuss the track of the systems will be everything.

The model I'm using for this outlook is the Climate Forecast System Model. The Climate Forecast System (CFS) is a model representing the global interaction between Earth's oceans, land, and atmosphere. It extends out to a month in the future.

Monday, January 1/20/20 to Tuesday, January 1/21/2020

1.20.22.gif

Light snow will be possible with this system

snod.conus.png

Very cold air is forecast to move in after the first system. Timing and the track of the second system coming through 7 am EST Thursday 1/23/2020 to 7 pm EST Friday 1/24/2020 will be everything.

128-nodither.gif

The second system looks to form over the Gulf of Mexico and then move in a northeasterly direction. If it follows the present path Western Kentucky is out of the picture for snow. If it shifts more to the west all of Kentucky could receive accumulating snow. Also if it follows the present path portions of the east coast could be looking at a No'reaster.

1.23.25.gif

The snow accumulation map shows very heavy snow for most of the mid-Atlantic and east coast. Again everyone can see that a more westerly track and Kentucky could be in the bullseye.

snod.conus (1).png

Again let me reiterate that we are way too far away to predict any accumulations. We will just have to wait and see as we get closer.

May your bottled water be secretly filled in Tijuana. :D

I hate snow. Keep the warmer temps coming.

There is nothing like the peace and quiet right after a big snow. If I wanted it warm in the winter, I'd move to Florida.

And if you wanted more of that nasty four letter word, you'd move further North. :D

Touche. To be clear, I'd like to see a couple decent sized snows each winter. I don't want to see blizzards, or snow cover all winter. I'm about as far north as I want to go.

Is this moisture tracking more for Saturday than Monday now?

Going to get ripped off on the snow again!

The week of 1/23-25, 2020 The CFS is still showing snow on the ground for most of Kentucky. I probably won't be able to post a more detailed outlook until sometime tomorrow. I'm getting ready to leave for a medical procedure.

snod.conus.jpg