Who is headed to Houston?

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else may go down to Houston?

I am thinking about it, I have some buddy passes for Delta, I'm just looking for hotels now, hope to figure this out sometime on Thursday.

With the way the flights are so jammed now it's probably going to be hard to get a seat on a buddy pass.

FINAL FOUR!!! Nothing like it! Especially if YOUR team is in it. In 2000, my spouse and I both entered for the "ticket lottery". We were living in the Indy area at the time. WE BOTH GOT 2 TICKETS EACH! We both took our dads, who are total die hard basketball fans. Split up in pairs in two opposite ends of the arena--bonding time with with our dads. The two grandmas stayed home with the kids. North Carolina, Minnesota, Arizona, and Kentucky. Arizona beat Kentucky. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! We still have the souvenier seat cushions. Could not tell you how much it all cost, but the memories with our dads-----PRICELESS!

FINAL FOUR!!! Nothing like it! Especially if YOUR team is in it. In 2000, my spouse and I both entered for the "ticket lottery". We were living in the Indy area at the time. WE BOTH GOT 2 TICKETS EACH! We both took our dads, who are total die hard basketball fans. Split up in pairs in two opposite ends of the arena--bonding time with with our dads. The two grandmas stayed home with the kids. North Carolina, Minnesota, Arizona, and Kentucky. Arizona beat Kentucky. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! We still have the souvenier seat cushions. Could not tell you how much it all cost, but the memories with our dads-----PRICELESS!

I belive that was 1997. That's when UK played Arizona.

I know of at least 12 who are heading there from Owsley County (I'm not one of them though:cry:). I'm sure there's a few more I'm not aware of.

Not bad for the 2nd smallest county in the state.

That is half the town .....:lol: :D

I'm in. Leaving tomorrow to stay the night in Huntsville then flying out early Friday morning from there.

Enjoy yourself. Expect a full report!!!!:thumb:

I belive that was 1997. That's when UK played Arizona.

ok--you are probably right. I knew that there was a crying infant left with the grandmas, that they still talk about today. Born in either '96 or '98, so probabably the 1997 FINAL FOUR

With the way the flights are so jammed now it's probably going to be hard to get a seat on a buddy pass.
I spend A LOT of time looking at the flights, and not just direct flights, I'll be able to get there :)

Sportsfan, I have everything already figured out, I now only need to decide which hotel to stay at, close to the stadium and in downtown it's at least 200 per night +17% tax, I am now looking for hotels a little away from the downtown and stadium area, as I just don't think this person is going to go now, so I need to find cheaper hotels, lol. I am told the transportation is there that you don't need to rent a car to get where you need to go.

I was a lottery pick for tickets, booked my flight months ago using frequent flyer miles. They wanted $500+ out of CVG 4 months ago! They guy I'm going with has family that lives in Houston, we are staying with his dad. On a sad note, but trip related, he just lost his mom and they buried her Monday. Hopefully his dad does not mind having a visitor so soon after his wifes passing. My buddy sent his family back home but figured he had to stay since no flights were open to get back down there in time (he flies standby as he works for Delta). We do have two extra tickets if anyone is interested. I haven't pursued selling them too hard except for face book, so I will probably take them with me to scalp.