Duke Should Not Be a #1 Seed

UKMustangFan

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

As of right now, my #1's would be:

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...if you can't get a number 1 seed in a conference tournament, then how can you justify a number 1 seed in a national tournament? Especially when your conference number 1 seed has no chance for a 1 seed either.

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

I don't think BYU deserves a 1 seed. Its true they beat San Diego State twice but thats their only argument for a 1 seed.

Duke only deserves it if they win the ACC, if they win the tourney they would deserve it over BYU and anyone else I can think of at 4. Also if they win it and Pitt doesn't win the Big East tourney. Ohio State is the only locked in number 1 seed in my opinion.

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

With all due respect, I've always placed the Conference tournament winner on a higher pedestal than the regular season winner. If they win the conference tournament, they SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big East as long as its one of the top 3 teams SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big 12 between Kansas and Texas SHOULD be a #1 seed. And I think Ohio St. gets it unless they lose today and lose in the first round of their conference tournament.

With all due respect, I've always placed the Conference tournament winner on a higher pedestal than the regular season winner. If they win the conference tournament, they SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big East as long as its one of the top 3 teams SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big 12 between Kansas and Texas SHOULD be a #1 seed. And I think Ohio St. gets it unless they lose today and lose in the first round of their conference tournament.

Only argument I'll make against myself would be Texas. If they hadn't folded those 2 games at the end of the season I might agree, but if Texas wins the Big 12 they'd be pushing a #1, not sure if they'd get it but they'd be close.

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

How can you deny a team 30-4 from being a #1 seed in one of the power 6 conferences?

Of course they should not be a #1 seed.

Of course they will be anyway, and be put in the weakest bracket, and play 2 or 3 games in North Carolina.

I agree but Puke always get Candy treatment from the NCAA!

Go Big Blue!

I wasnt going to post in here because no matter what we Duke fans say will get turned on us yada yada yada but I had to quote these two comments. They gave me a bit of a chuckle.