Duke Should Not Be a #1 Seed

UKMustangFan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike Duke as much as the next UK fan...BUT...I do not wear the blue shaded glasses that make me ignore the fact that Coach K and the blue devils are not one of the best college basketball programs of all time!My dislike for Duke is a sin, because my dislike for them is a jealous dislike.I am a big blue fan from birth It's in my blood...And if I had been born in North Carolina I would have been a Duke fan...But since I was not born in North Carolina I was pulling for North Carolina over Duke today...:lol:

In the end, Duke gets the #1 seed for a couple reasons. Primarily, not enough of the other teams they were competing with for this spot won their conference tournament. By that I mean all other teams. San Diego State was eliminated by their two prior losses to BYU and their lesser RPI and SOS. BYU was eliminated by their multiple losses game or player wise and didn't win conference tourny. Notre Dame sadly didn't win conference and couldn't win conference tourny. Great team and a tough 2. North Carolina lost head to head and thus there went their chance. Purdue got flat spanked by MSU and didn't have as good a record overall. Texas looked awful those few weeks and while overall a good team, they didn't win conference tournament.

Duke gets #1 Seed is final outcome and frankly, them and Pitt are weakest #1's. However, I can't really claim that San Diego State is inversely strongest #2. And Florida is not a #2 so god knows why weakest two #1's were given weakest 2 #2's. For that matter, Pitt got BYU and Wisconsin who are good teams but not really what I'd consider as tough as Ohio St or Kansas bracket. Course this aside is all left for another thread.