Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke Should Not Be a #1 Seed

Featured Replies

The NCAA will make Duke a #1 seed although they should not be. Next.

:lol:

  • Replies 111
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dislike Duke as much as the next UK fan...BUT...I do not wear the blue shaded glasses that make me ignore the fact that Coach K and the blue devils are not one of the best college basketball programs of all time!My dislike for Duke is a sin, because my dislike for them is a jealous dislike.I am a big blue fan from birth It's in my blood...And if I had been born in North Carolina I would have been a Duke fan...But since I was not born in North Carolina I was pulling for North Carolina over Duke today...:lol:

In the end, Duke gets the #1 seed for a couple reasons. Primarily, not enough of the other teams they were competing with for this spot won their conference tournament. By that I mean all other teams. San Diego State was eliminated by their two prior losses to BYU and their lesser RPI and SOS. BYU was eliminated by their multiple losses game or player wise and didn't win conference tourny. Notre Dame sadly didn't win conference and couldn't win conference tourny. Great team and a tough 2. North Carolina lost head to head and thus there went their chance. Purdue got flat spanked by MSU and didn't have as good a record overall. Texas looked awful those few weeks and while overall a good team, they didn't win conference tournament.

 

Duke gets #1 Seed is final outcome and frankly, them and Pitt are weakest #1's. However, I can't really claim that San Diego State is inversely strongest #2. And Florida is not a #2 so god knows why weakest two #1's were given weakest 2 #2's. For that matter, Pitt got BYU and Wisconsin who are good teams but not really what I'd consider as tough as Ohio St or Kansas bracket. Course this aside is all left for another thread.

I was quoting Joe Lunardi. I hate Duke but if they deserved to be a #1 seed I would say so. I know they will be a #1 seed. I just think ND and Pitt are more deserving.

 

Crickets......

People complained that Duke didn't deserve a #1 seed last year. I think they proved to everyone that they did. I think Duke is one of the Top 4 teams again this year.

duke will be the #1 out west and BYU or San Deigo St will be the 2 seed.

 

Mark it Down

 

Like I said....LOL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.