Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke Should Not Be a #1 Seed

Featured Replies

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

 

As of right now, my #1's would be:

 

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

 

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

  • Replies 111
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes...if you can't get a number 1 seed in a conference tournament, then how can you justify a number 1 seed in a national tournament? Especially when your conference number 1 seed has no chance for a 1 seed either.

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

 

As of right now, my #1's would be:

 

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

 

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

 

I don't think BYU deserves a 1 seed. Its true they beat San Diego State twice but thats their only argument for a 1 seed.

Of course they should not be a #1 seed.

 

Of course they will be anyway, and be put in the weakest bracket, and play 2 or 3 games in North Carolina.

Duke only deserves it if they win the ACC, if they win the tourney they would deserve it over BYU and anyone else I can think of at 4. Also if they win it and Pitt doesn't win the Big East tourney. Ohio State is the only locked in number 1 seed in my opinion.

No chance BYU gets a one seed.

 

If Duke win the ACC they will get a #1 seed. Watch out for ND to sneak it for a #1 seed.

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

 

As of right now, my #1's would be:

 

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

 

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

 

With all due respect, I've always placed the Conference tournament winner on a higher pedestal than the regular season winner. If they win the conference tournament, they SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big East as long as its one of the top 3 teams SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big 12 between Kansas and Texas SHOULD be a #1 seed. And I think Ohio St. gets it unless they lose today and lose in the first round of their conference tournament.

With all due respect, I've always placed the Conference tournament winner on a higher pedestal than the regular season winner. If they win the conference tournament, they SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big East as long as its one of the top 3 teams SHOULD be a #1 seed. Whoever wins the Big 12 between Kansas and Texas SHOULD be a #1 seed. And I think Ohio St. gets it unless they lose today and lose in the first round of their conference tournament.

 

Only argument I'll make against myself would be Texas. If they hadn't folded those 2 games at the end of the season I might agree, but if Texas wins the Big 12 they'd be pushing a #1, not sure if they'd get it but they'd be close.

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

 

As of right now, my #1's would be:

 

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

 

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

 

How can you deny a team 30-4 from being a #1 seed in one of the power 6 conferences?

How can you deny a team 30-4 from being a #1 seed in one of the power 6 conferences?

 

When that team comes from the ACC.

Of course they should not be a #1 seed.

 

Of course they will be anyway, and be put in the weakest bracket, and play 2 or 3 games in North Carolina.

 

I agree but Puke always get Candy treatment from the NCAA!

Go Big Blue!

 

I wasnt going to post in here because no matter what we Duke fans say will get turned on us yada yada yada but I had to quote these two comments. They gave me a bit of a chuckle.

^ I am beyond tired of hearing about Duke hate from UK fans like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.