Duke Should Not Be a #1 Seed

UKMustangFan

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

Agreed, I'll think more about it and list my 1 seeds later. I will say that to if they win the ACC tournament that they will get a 1 seed and deserve it depending on what teams like ND and BYU do in their conference tourneys.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I am beyond tired of hearing about Duke hate from UK fans like that.

I can't stand Duke but I can honestly say that unless they win the ACC touney imo they shouldn't. Besides, is jmo but I don't think there is much difference between a 1 and 2 seed anyway and they deinately deserve a 2 seed if not a 1.

I know PP92 and the other resident Dukies will tear me apart about this as being "anti-Duke", but no chance should Duke get a #1 seed. No team should ever get a #1 if they can't even win their own conference.

As of right now, my #1's would be:

Ohio State

Kansas

Pittsburgh

BYU

Thoughts? Should a team winning their own conference be an unwritten requirement for getting a #1 seed?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that UK was a #1 seed in 1993 and they did not win the conference regular season, Vanderbilt did. Same was true in 1997 when UK was given the #1 seed out West but finished second to South Carolina in the regular season standings.

I wasnt going to post in here because no matter what we Duke fans say will get turned on us yada yada yada but I had to quote these two comments. They gave me a bit of a chuckle.

You 3 Duke fans on here make me chuckle with almost every post.

To me they are one of the four best teams in the field. I think they're a 1 seed with a good showing in the ACC tourney. As for having to win your conference, what if the two best teams in America are in the same conference? Doesn't apply here but it could many a year with Duke & Carolina.

I can't stand Duke but I can honestly say that unless they win the ACC touney imo they shouldn't. Besides, is jmo but I don't think there is much difference between a 1 and 2 seed anyway and they deinately deserve a 2 seed if not a 1.

I agree but I mean in general.

If they win the ACC tournament then I say they deserve it. They are still 27-4 after last nights loss.

That's exactly where I stand. If they come up short in the ACC tourny championship then I have no idea who gets the fourth #1.

What about ND as the other #1 seed? If they make it to the finals or win the Big East?

If Duke wins the ACC they get a #1 seed. But I think ND has an outside shot.

Going by their logic, they didn't win the Big East regular season so they can't be a #1 seed. Here's how I see it shaking out. Duke wins ACC Tournament then they are #1. If they lose in the conference tournament and Notre Dame wins Big East Tournament/goes to finals and loses to Pitt then it's a toss up between Duke and Notre Dame with more leaning towards Notre Dame. If Duke loses before ACC finals and Notre Dame just makes it to the Big East Finals then they are your 4th #1 seed IMO.

If Duke wins their conference tournament, I think they will get a #1 seed. Regardless of what happens, I don't see BYU getting it with getting swept by New Mexico. There is a possibility, but a lot has to happen for BYU to get it; with saying that, I think that they are guaranteed a #2.

I really don't care what seed Duke gets or where you guys think they should be seeded or their candy treatment from the NCAA. All I care about is beating everyone in our bracket and then the beating everyone in the Final Four.

At the very least I hope they put Duke/UK in the same bracket and that UK doesn't mess up a chance meeting. And I hope that game is in Charlotte or Greensboro.:D