Silver Grove over schedule limit????

dell

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike: Easy, no one is forming a lynch mob and seeking to string you up. The thread appeared and the question was asked if you would be eligible for post-seaon play? My respnse was to that question - nothing more, nothing less.

I'm looking forward to the Silver Grove // Calvary showdown in the district on Monday night on the grand stage of the Campbell County Middle School. Tri-State Internet sports is broadcasting it. Therefore I was happy when I discovered that, although in violation, the Big Trains would not be asked to not participate in this season's post season play.

I do think they will cut your regular season schedule back next season, but that will be manageable. Whatever course of action has been taken in the past with other teams who have gone over, will be taken here. The KHSAA will not set a precedent of a hand slap for one program and a suspension for another. My point is that they have to remain consistent, whether the violation is by Trinity or the Trains.

I think we all have the utmost respect and admiration for the job you do under difficult circumstances. Your freshmen group is fun to watch play, and if you listen to our broadcasts of your games you know that Anthony "Tenacious" Turcious is one of my favorite players. You have obviously made an honest mistake. As the sarcastic post by B-Ball-Fan points out, it is not the fact that you have an overwhelming ball club that was the incentive for going over, simply a misunderstanding of the rules.

Good luck tomorrow against the Cougars!

Ohio only permits 20 presently, moving up to 22 next season.

Football is the culprit for squeezing the basketball season to where it is now.

Do away with the "everybody in" playoff system, and end football on Thanksgiving weekend as in the past and the basketball season fits quite nicely into the December-March timeframe.

Basketball has been made to pay for the football insanity in this state.

"Everybody in" system of football in a basketball thread? Now, there's some irony! :lol:

I assume that you meant do away with basketball's everybody in playoff system?

Well said, Coach. I'm sure the KHSAA will have their say, but hopefully the punishment is small and manageable. I think Mustang is correct in saying the Big Train schedule will be cut back a bit next year. Possibly one game per extra game played this season?? Maybe that will include their preseason scrimmages as well. Let's hope the SG administration see's this as an oversight and nothing "fire" worthy.

Best of luck tomorrow night to the Trains.

Mike: Easy, no one is forming a lynch mob and seeking to string you up. The thread appeared and the question was asked if you would be eligible for post-seaon play? My respnse was to that question - nothing more, nothing less.

I'm looking forward to the Silver Grove // Calvary showdown in the district on Monday night on the grand stage of the Campbell County Middle School. Tri-State Internet sports is broadcasting it. Therefore I was happy when I discovered that, although in violation, the Big Trains would not be asked to not participate in this season's post season play.

I do think they will cut your regular season schedule back next season, but that will be manageable. Whatever course of action has been taken in the past with other teams who have gone over, will be taken here. The KHSAA will not set a precedent of a hand slap for one program and a suspension for another. My point is that they have to remain consistent, whether the violation is by Trinity or the Trains.

I think we all have the utmost respect and admiration for the job you do under difficult circumstances. Your freshmen group is fun to watch play, and if you listen to our broadcasts of your games you know that Anthony "Tenacious" Turcious is one of my favorite players. You have obviously made an honest mistake. As the sarcastic post by B-Ball-Fan points out, it is not the fact that you have an overwhelming ball club that was the incentive for going over, simply a misunderstanding of the rules.

Good luck tomorrow against the Cougars!

I wasn't blaming anyone on here for anything. I just wanted everyone, from fans, supporters, school & state administration, that i was to blame. It is my fault.

It's been a long time ago, but Warren East back in the 1970s won three out of four regions from 1972-1975. In 1973, the only year they didn't, it was because they were declared ineligible for postseason play for having played too many games. They obtained an injunction and won the district tournament, but that result was overturned and invalidated. The two 14th District teams they beat went on to play for the region title, so there's a good chance they were denied a 4 peat.

I don't know if the rules have changed since then, but once upon a time they took a pretty hard line with this.

Seriously, I don't know how this could happen. The 30 game limit is not that difficult to comprehend. Play 30 games and no more. SG should get the same sanctions that a Top 5 team would get. I don't know what these sanctions are but they violated the rules and should be held accountable.

Seriously, I don't know how this could happen. The 30 game limit is not that difficult to comprehend. Play 30 games and no more. SG should get the same sanctions that a Top 5 team would get. I don't know what these sanctions are but they violated the rules and should be held accountable.

Clearly the death penalty for Big Train basketball is in order here....:rolleyes:

"Everybody in" system of football in a basketball thread? Now, there's some irony! :lol:

I assume that you meant do away with basketball's everybody in playoff system?

I don't want to threadjack, but you really don't want to walk down this road.

Basketball has ONE class, football has SIX. Drop football to a single class, and I'm all for everyone making the postseason. Heck, drop football to two, or even three classes and I'm all for it.

Football has fewer teams than boys and girls basketball, baseball, softball, etc., yet many more classes, and thus easily the softest road to a state title. Who would have thought such a tough sport played by tough people would become the, "feel good; everybody gets an orange slice," sport in this state?

And by the way, the Sweet 16 is the cash cow that drives the bus for every other sport's state tournament. I'd go easy on biting the hand that feeds ya.

I can hear the big stink now that will be raised all around the state when those in attendance at the Sweet 16 catch wind of this and scream 'FORFEIT!' just before Silver Grove's state tournament game. :sssh: We really ought to keep this a secret to avoid ruining the Big Train's chances at cutting down the nets at Rupp. I for one had such high hopes for them this year and we really don't want to deprive all the attendees from seeing the amazing team they have this year, especially with all the D1 prospects they have, do we? I'm afraid that the word is out now and it's just going to be one big mess. Good going guys for blowing the whistle on them and messing everything up. :rolleyes:

I understand sarcasm but as a team in the same district as they are I kind of see this as also a put down of their players who after all are kids...............