Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Silver Grove over schedule limit????

Featured Replies

I'm not going to pelt you because this is a basketball forum, or because I have some deep issues with basketball. Whatever that means. I'm going to pelt you for faulty logic, ignoring facts, and twisting the truth. To the bolded:

 

A. Lobbying for more classes in basketball is useless, as the KHSAA cash cow is the Sweet 16, and there's no chance they'd change it.

 

B. An entire paragraph with no substance, makes it hard to respond, except maybe you should point out the vast differences you speak of. Just saying they are there doesn't make them exsist. Then, you want to take some sort of half-jacked shot at me. FWIW, I've been much more closely involved in high level programs in both sports in two states than I let on. So, yeah, I know a bit about what I'm talking about.

 

C. Define vast amount, just saying it doesn't make it true. I know some schools make money in football, some don't, many break close to even. I know how much football expenses are, and how few home games they have so the math isn't what a lot of football people try to sell. A for instance, in 1995 Highlands football went to the state championship game, and LOST money.

 

D. The money generated from the Sweet 16, is critical to the exsistence of the KHSAA, and therefore every sport at every school in the association benefits. Everyone knows that.

 

At the end of the day, I enjoy high school football as much as anyone. This is why I criticize the watered down version of the sport with so few good playoff matchups, we now see in this state. But, what really irks me are the loyalists, apologists, or whatever for the sport who want to continue to spin everything through football only glasses.

 

There are 11 kids playing at a time every fall in Soccer games all over the state, with the goal of maybe beating 150 or so other soccer teams to be crowned a state champion. In the biggest and smallest class in football there are 11 kids playing at time every fall hoping to beat 31 other teams with the goal of being a state champion. Do the math and tell me again how this is fair?

 

Last comments for me: I apologize for taking part in thread jacking. That was a bad decision on my part. Secondly, I am a proponent of both basketball and football and I am certain that I've come across as anti-basketball. Nothing could be further from the truth.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand sarcasm but as a team in the same district as they are I kind of see this as also a put down of their players who after all are kids...............
Lighten up Francis. No one supports kids on here more than b-ball-fan. Heck, look at his Latin School posts. I'm sure others were more offended than Silver Grove was. If he had said the same thing about CovCath I would have chuckled. His point was, it's not a big deal.
We can put this to bed. Calvary defeated Silver Grove tonight 59-58.

 

It isn't on the KHSAA scoreboard? Is it possible that the two teams played the game, but it didn't count toward the postseason?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.