Silver Grove over schedule limit????

dell

According to Silver Groves schedule per KHSAA website they have played 32 regular season games. My understanding is teams were allowed a total of 30 games this season. So are they ineligible for postseason play? Looks like someone dropped the ball on this.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Silver Grove is guilty, as it appears they are

According to KHSAA Bylaw 25, Section 1, Paragragh d:

d) Specific Penalties for Violations - Too Many Contests

Any school violating provisions of this Bylaw by playing too

many contests shall be penalized in accordance with Bylaw 33

but shall remain eligible for tournament play during the current season

Bylaw 33 is vague as to an exact penalty.

The following options exist for the KHSAA:

Suspension, either of an individual or a program, is one of those

penalties and could involve removal and restriction from

contests or a reduction in schedule.

Other penalty options include Fine, Forfeit, Warning, Letter of

Reprimand, Probation, Restitution, Permanent Suspension,

Redistribution and Vacating/Striking. Each of these is described in detail in Bylaw 33

Looks like the Monday night Silver Grove vs Calvary Christian game is safe.

If Silver Grove is guilty, as it appears they are

According to KHSAA Bylaw 25, Section 1, Paragragh d:

d) Specific Penalties for Violations - Too Many Contests

Any school violating provisions of this Bylaw by playing too

many contests shall be penalized in accordance with Bylaw 33

but shall remain eligible for tournament play during the current season

Bylaw 33 is vague as to an exact penalty.

The following options exist for the KHSAA:

Suspension, either of an individual or a program, is one of those

penalties and could involve removal and restriction from

contests or a reduction in schedule.

Other penalty options include Fine, Forfeit, Warning, Letter of

Reprimand, Probation, Restitution, Permanent Suspension,

Redistribution and Vacating/Striking. Each of these is described in detail in Bylaw 33

Looks like the Monday night Silver Grove vs Calvary Christian game is safe.

I think, given Silver Grove's station in life, a warning would suffice. At 8-23 (not counting the forfeit), it's safe to say they gained no advantage from the extra game.

Ohio only permits 20 presently, moving up to 22 next season.

Football is the culprit for squeezing the basketball season to where it is now.

Do away with the "everybody in" playoff system, and end football on Thanksgiving weekend as in the past and the basketball season fits quite nicely into the December-March timeframe.

Basketball has been made to pay for the football insanity in this state.

Ohio only permits 20 presently, moving up to 22 next season.

Football is the culprit for squeezing the basketball season to where it is now.

Do away with the "everybody in" playoff system, and end football on Thanksgiving weekend as in the past and the basketball season fits quite nicely into the December-March timeframe.

Basketball has been made to pay for the football insanity in this state.

I have to disagree here. The Football Championship has been the first weekend in Dec. ever since I can remember.

Football has been through the ringer for Basketball a lot. Basketball coaches are the reason football has trouble with summer practice, (see 7 on 7 Tourneys getting nixed because basketball coaches didnt like them)

I have to disagree here. The Football Championship has been the first weekend in Dec. ever since I can remember.

Football has been through the ringer for Basketball a lot. Basketball coaches are the reason football has trouble with summer practice, (see 7 on 7 Tourneys getting nixed because basketball coaches didnt like them)

Seriously? You want us to feel sorry for football when it has become s year round spend every breathing moment lifting the day after the final game, practicing inthe spring and also practicing in the summer before doubles start type of sport. Just because they nixed 7-7 doesnt mean teams dont practice. See Highlands where you basically sign your life away for Four years. Get rid of six classes and stop giving Everyone a chance to drag there season out one more week where 80% of those undeserving teams get beat like drums after a typical 2-3 hr Bus ride.

I can hear the big stink now that will be raised all around the state when those in attendance at the Sweet 16 catch wind of this and scream 'FORFEIT!' just before Silver Grove's state tournament game. :sssh: We really ought to keep this a secret to avoid ruining the Big Train's chances at cutting down the nets at Rupp. I for one had such high hopes for them this year and we really don't want to deprive all the attendees from seeing the amazing team they have this year, especially with all the D1 prospects they have, do we? I'm afraid that the word is out now and it's just going to be one big mess. Good going guys for blowing the whistle on them and messing everything up. :rolleyes:

I can hear the big stink now that will be raised all around the state when those in attendance at the Sweet 16 catch wind of this and scream 'FORFEIT!' just before Silver Grove's state tournament game. :sssh: We really ought to keep this a secret to avoid ruining the Big Train's chances at cutting down the nets at Rupp. I for one had such high hopes for them this year and we really don't want to deprive all the attendees from seeing the amazing team they have this year, especially with all the D1 prospects they have, do we? I'm afraid that the word is out now and it's just going to be one big mess. Good going guys for blowing the whistle on them and messing everything up. :rolleyes:
When you look up sarcasm in the Dictionary this post appears .:notworthy:

The Trains coach is on BGP, right? He can update us.

Per KHSAA we are over the 30 game limit. We are at 32. The reason for this error is on me and not the Athletic Director. I hope this is not a fireable offense. I looked into BYlaw 33 and it seems not to be. But if in your eyes, if you think it is right, then I shall accept the punishment. The reason for the error is that I believed that the Bourbon Co. forfeit should not count against us and I thought that the All "A" counted as one. This is my mistake! I would hate to be suspended for the Calvary district game, but would rather receive that as punishment rather than being fired.

God Bless

Mike Walls

Silver Grove Varsity Basketball H.C.

Dayton Varsity Assistant Football Coach