2011 KHSAA 1A State Championship: Hazard 24 Mayfield 6

Birdsfan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Hazard.

Mayfield didnt look like Mayfield from 09 through this game, we looked like the 07 or 08 bunch.

Yes, Jackson has a slight torn mcl or thats what I was told earlier in the week and he wore a brace for this game. We never got a ground game going and Guhy was put in a tough postion.

I thought we did a good job on Hazard earlier in the game but when they switched to a wildcat and spread the field out they started moving the ball some.

The free 3 points at the end of the half didnt help nor did the interception on our 30, which they took for a score.

The game was played and Hazard did a good job on defense and with the lead the were able to get a few 1st downs and move the clock. You have to give Hazard credit because nobody thought that they would win this game but they did.

So, congrats Hazard 2011 class 1A state champs.

If yelling from a bullhorn at the other players callling them female parts is respectful and classy then I guess we have different views......

Don't let one or two overzealous fans spoil your opinion. Every school has at least a couple fans whose behavior embarrasses the rest of them.

Congrats Hazard.

Mayfield didnt look like Mayfield from 09 through this game, we looked like the 07 or 08 bunch.

Yes, Jackson has a slight torn mcl or thats what I was told earlier in the week and he wore a brace for this game. We never got a ground game going and Guhy was put in a tough postion.

I thought we did a good job on Hazard earlier in the game but when they switched to a wildcat and spread the field out they started moving the ball some.

The free 3 points at the end of the half didnt help nor did the interception on our 30, which they took for a score.

The game was played and Hazard did a good job on defense and with the lead the were able to get a few 1st downs and move the clock. You have to give Hazard credit because nobody thought that they would win this game but they did.

So, congrats Hazard 2011 class 1A state champs.

And this is a good example of the classy behavior I see from Mayfield fans. Well said.

Congratulations to Hazard on the title, you deserve it. Yes J. Jackson was not 100 percent and neither was Scott, however, I don't think it would have mattered today. Hazard wanted this game bad, they played hard and clean, and deserve our respect! A really good team and my hats off to them, very few in the state thought they could do it, and they proved all of us wrong. I am hoping for a rematch next year! Enjoy the spoils of your victory Bulldog fans! As for the Cardinals, thanks for a great year, you gave us a lot of thrills and many good Friday nights, Nothing to be ashamed of! As for the fan on the bullhorn, we apologize, it was out of line, there is probably a reason he was on the outside looking in! We certainly don't condone that type of behavior, and hopefully it will stop although I'm not sure what can be done because he technically was not in the stadium.

Congratulations to Hazard on the title, you deserve it. Yes J. Jackson was not 100 percent and neither was Scott, however, I don't think it would have mattered today. Hazard wanted this game bad, they played hard and clean, and deserve our respect! A really good team and my hats off to them, very few in the state thought they could do it, and they proved all of us wrong. I am hoping for a rematch next year! Enjoy the spoils of your victory Bulldog fans! As for the Cardinals, thanks for a great year, you gave us a lot of thrills and many good Friday nights, Nothing to be ashamed of! As for the fan on the bullhorn, we apologize, it was out of line, there is probably a reason he was on the outside looking in! We certainly don't condone that type of behavior, and hopefully it will stop although I'm not sure what can be done because he technically was not in the stadium.

Well put; Hazard's defense was on a mission today. Their offensive line played very good today too. You guys will definitely be back next season; don't have a doubt about it.

Congrats to the Hazard Bulldogs. They have a great team. Their O-line was very good and the defensive line was just as good. In the trenches is where we won the game last year and that is were they won it this year.

Very proud of the Cardinals on a great season. Elijah you had a great season. Now Monday you get to work on next year.

Tough day to be a Cardinal. The better team won end of story. Hazard had a great plan and dominated us up front. With no running game we were doomed. I'm watching T as I type who just scored to take a 14-7 lead. More later or in morning Hats off to Hazard congrats you earned it

As for the fan on the bullhorn, we apologize, it was out of line, there is probably a reason he was on the outside looking in! We certainly don't condone that type of behavior, and hopefully it will stop although I'm not sure what can be done because he technically was not in the stadium.

Does anyone know who the idiot was?