Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breathittguy

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Breathittguy

  1. Dang it! I was hoping Coach Haywood and Belfry could pull it out.Congrats to Central.Following the game thread it seemed to be a great game.Close to the end.Also congrats to Belfry on another great season.
  2. Good win for the Bobcats and great game by Trent.Good luck to Somerset the rest of the season.
  3. Sorry I was posting about the same time you were.
  4. So how much time is left in the game?
  5. Anyone have any details on what transpired over the last few seconds of this game? I did not attend nor listen to the game.
  6. Congrats Hazard on your first state title and bringing a state championship back to the mountains.Well done.
  7. Congrats to Belfry and Coach Haywood.Congrats to Garrard County as well as your team had an outstanding season and earned a lot of respect for your program.Heres hoping the Pirates can bring another title back to the Mountains.Go Belfry!!!
  8. Congrats to the Bobcats.That would have been an exciting game to watch.
  9. Good win for the Bobcats.I felt they would win but didnt expect this.
  10. Same Facebook friend that listed halftime score also reported final score of 68-12.Best I can do at this time.
  11. Got the halftime score from a friend on Facebook posted a little over 30 minutes ago.Breathitt 55 Newport 12.
  12. Congrats to the Bobcats and good luck next week!
  13. Nets, I have played Roan Valley and also have met Sam Adams. Were you aware he is one of the few left-handers that have won a tournament on the PGA Tour? I have played the course several times and its beautiful.It has a flat 9 and a hilly nine. Once I was playing in a group up on the mountain 9 and an airplane actually flew by below us. I cannot remember which hole number it was except it was the long par 5 down hill that makes a 90 degree turn at the bottom and goes to the right for about the last 100 yards. The last hundred yard shot kind of reminds me of hitting back into a gravel pit since it is walled all the way around.That course has some of the steepest cart paths you will find anywhere and it is very scenic.
  14. Congratulations to Jackson City and good luck against the Bulldogs.
  15. Another item that needs to be taken into consideration and it probably applies statewide but more so here in east Ky. We still have several schools that do not have a football team.There are 4 high schools in Breathitt county and Breathitt is the only one to have a football team.Breathitts first football team was about 1974 or 1975 as I recall. Three adjoining counties (Lee,Owsley and Wolfe) do not possess football teams.I dont think Jackson County located at McKee has football either.I am sure there are others located through out the region.Anyone think of any others that do not possess a football team?
  16. Well guess its time for me to chime in with my 2 cents worth.I think many of us east Kentuckians feel there is a bias against our sports teams.I agree but this bias isnt just limited to our sports programs.It is about in everything that we have or do.I have traveled this entire state over the years and some areas very recently and see sites and conditions statewide that we get slammed over all the time like they are exclusive to our area which is bull.I also have worked at one time or had contact with people from most every county in the state of Ky. and have numerous friends all across the Commonwealth.I have heard numerous comments from a precious few that slam our area.I think sometimes its the "in " thing to do.A lot of these comments are based on ignorance of our area by some people that may never have even been here .Maybe we are a little sensitive at times and I for one think sometimes it is justified.I actually know people that have a problem with spending the night in our area.Sure we have problems and maybe they are more than in some other areas of the state.I think most people from this area are proud of where they are from.I think most counties within our state have things to be proud of.Guess one reason we support our teams so much is we feel like the underdog and are constantly having to prove ourselves.Now I will end with this.In either World War 1 or World War 2 (not sure which it was) there was one county in the United States that did not have to use draftees for the war.They got their total quota totally fom volunteers.Know which county it was----Breathitt.Sorry I got off track and dont mean to offend anyone.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.