3A Championship - Central 12 Belfry 6 (OT)

Final in OT. Belfry failed to score on their possession. Central goes 15 yards on a 2nd and 15 pass for the walk-off.

Dang it! I was hoping Coach Haywood and Belfry could pull it out.Congrats to Central.Following the game thread it seemed to be a great game.Close to the end.Also congrats to Belfry on another great season.

Two very, very evenly matched teams. For the 2nd straight year Belfry asserts themselves as an equal to the Jackets...but the only thing that matters is when you look at the KHSAA records for the 2nd straight year the Central Yellowjackets are the team on the left hand side of the paper and it will always remain that way.

Complete respect and admiration for the Central program and the phenomenal coaching staff they have. Congrats Yellowjackets...they remain the King of 3A and my hat is off to you.

Are both teams kicking game that bad?

Belfry had a Freshman kicker. He has been good for one token missed XP in essentially every game. Just so happened Belfry only had one TD and that is the one he missed.

Special Teams for Belfry is what I would consider to be painfully average by KY HS standards.