Zero Jobs In August

cammando

What was the unemployment rate when Obama took office ?

When Obama took office we were shedding jobs at a rate of 750,000 per month. This isn't good, but it is a lot better than it was when he took office. The 2012 election will hinge on which question is most important. If the question is "Are you happy with where the economy is?", Obama has a tough time. If the question is "Are we better off than we were four years ago?", Obama wins easily. Of course, if the Republicans nominate Perry or Bachman, Obama wins going away regardless of where the economy is.

What was the unemployment rate when Obama took office ?

7.6% By my calculation that's an almost 20% increase.

Not sure how Obama "easily" wins the "are you better off than you were 4 years ago" argument. I'm not sure I know anyone better off than they were 4 years ago and that doesn't even take into account the enormous increase in debt we've taken on.

When Obama took office we were shedding jobs at a rate of 750,000 per month. This isn't good, but it is a lot better than it was when he took office. The 2012 election will hinge on which question is most important. If the question is "Are you happy with where the economy is?", Obama has a tough time. If the question is "Are we better off than we were four years ago?", Obama wins easily. Of course, if the Republicans nominate Perry or Bachman, Obama wins going away regardless of where the economy is.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lets see, the Tea Party whines and complains about how the government needs to get smaller, the government cuts 200,000+ jobs, and there is a gain of about the same. Will they please stick with a single tune? It's either they want the government to to stay the same size, or they want jobs! When the Fed cuts jobs, you will have huge loses!

Instead of DC pointing fingers at each other, they ALL need to get serious about all of this, I say lock them all in a room until they decide to put politics aside and start to work together for the country!

No new jobs and gas prices still go up.

Our economy goes by gas prices, if gas is low, people spend more at stores, if gas is high we cant afford to spend money.

Something rare, I mostly agree! It seems as soon as OPEC sees the slightest increase in consumption the prices rise so they can profit more, as soon as the prices rise consumption goes down and the world economy slows.

I agree that President Obama will probably serve another 4 years. However, the economy is still a house of cards. You would have thought that during his 1st two years with a clear Democratic majority in the House and Senate, he should have been able to get his plan through and created improvement in the economy. That is if he had a plan, and if he did, a plan that worked. This country is in big trouble. We have not seen the worst yet