White House Releases Obama's Birth Certificate

Do we know that for a fact? I am asking because I really don't know. I have read that from several different posters on here but have never seen anything to back that up. If a requirement to be the POTUS is you must be a natural born citizen then why wouldn't every candidate have to show proof?

And that's been my arugment since the issue was first raised during Obama's campaign. If it's an issue now, it should have been an issue forever.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's been my arugment since the issue was first raised during Obama's campaign. If it's an issue now, it should have been an issue forever.

Maybe it hasn't been an issue because every other candidate provided their BC. I don't know if that is true or not.

Does anyone know what started all of this with Obama?

Maybe it hasn't been an issue because every other candidate provided their BC. I don't know if that is true or not.

Does anyone know what started all of this with Obama?

I will have to go back and search for the thread from when this was all started. There was a link to the answer in there. I'm at work now, though, so I can't spend that much time searching.

Mandy Connell said today that the Hillary Clinton campaign during the primary were the first to question the legitimacy of his birth. I don't know if that's true but I do seem to remember a lot of mud slinging from her camp before she was bought off with the SoS nomination.

There had to be something alarming in the polls (because unless you are in total denial we all know that BHO has basically been running for re-election since Jan. 2008) for him to choose to release this now. I have never given any credence to the birthers and really wish they would just shut up because they give the lunatic left a chance to look like the level headed ones.

The only reason Obama released this was because he thought it would benefit him to do so. He may be the most self centered person to occupy the Oval Office since Nixon. For all his talk of "feeling the working man's pain" he has certainly not been reluctant to accept the trapping of the office.

I still don't get why he did it now. I wouldn't have played this card until the campaign began.

I am with you from the political side...why now? This issue has been one of the best ways to screen out the goofballs I can ever remember. Seriously, anyone who thought this was a legitimate issue needs to do a self check. Obama should have let them keep running their mouths and showing their back side till the election heated up.

As to why it has been such a big issue with Obama, I honestly believe race, his name and who his father was are all part of it and the other bigger part is just the nature of today's media. This has been a great talking point to get the radicals stirred up with so the talking heads kept ranting and selling more advertising.

Finally, if we take a serious look at why now - I will take Obama at his word and agree that this issue is drowning out the debate on real issues and concerns facing this country. When you have state legislatures wasting tax payer dollars on passing birth certificate resolutions, when all you hear on the talk shows is debate over this issue, when you have supposedly legitimate candidates for office wasting time debating this issue, etc. - then it is time to try something else to shut up the goofballs and get the country focused on real issues.

This has been all over the map, but I always thought that as long as one of your parents were an American citizen, you had the right to claim American citizenship.

Let us remember that it was H. Clinton's followers who started this.

I believe it has been an issue because of his history. As far as I know all of our Presidents parents were Ameican citizens, except for the six who were British subjects, but were born in the original 13 colonies. Then he lived out of the country for several years as a child. I'll bet a lot of people do not know that one the presidential requirements is that a person must have lived in the US for at least 14 years.

Then you mix in the fact, that for whatever reason, Obama would not release the birth document. People then tend to think you have something to hide and all the conspiracy ideas start popping up.

Rush suggested that the reason Obama has finally come forward is that up to now the controversy was working in his favor, but with the recent attention it was turning against him. He released it to stop the negative press that was running against him on this issue.

Mandy Connell said today that the Hillary Clinton campaign during the primary were the first to question the legitimacy of his birth. I don't know if that's true but I do seem to remember a lot of mud slinging from her camp before she was bought off with the SoS nomination.

There had to be something alarming in the polls (because unless you are in total denial we all know that BHO has basically been running for re-election since Jan. 2008) for him to choose to release this now. I have never given any credence to the birthers and really wish they would just shut up because they give the lunatic left a chance to look like the level headed ones.

The only reason Obama released this was because he thought it would benefit him to do so. He may be the most self centered person to occupy the Oval Office since Nixon. For all his talk of "feeling the working man's pain" he has certainly not been reluctant to accept the trapping of the office.

This is a true statement. So much for those wacky, Republican goofballs.............:sssh:

This is a true statement. So much for those wacky, Republican goofballs.............:sssh:

RE ... please. I enjoy most of your posts but it is time to let this one go. Anything a "birther" says from here on out just makes them look even sillier. Keep your dignity and let's move on to debate something that has real merit.

Funny, but I never remember Hillary Clinton bringing it up ... it's been the Republican candidates that keep posing the questions.

I remember that Hillary brought it up, and the Republican's have been running with it ever since. :lol:

I don't normally post in the political forums, but this is an issue on which I feel compelled to comment. I have always believed that President Obama was a Natural born American Citizen. I have been frustrated that in recent weeks the "birther" argument has once again become an issue.

I am from Missouri and we also recieve Certificate of Live Birth forms, very similar to Obama's. When we moved to Kentucky I went to get copies of all our birth certificates and recieved a 1/2 page computerized form. You can no longer get the "long form." Just like in Hawaii (in the 1980's) Missouri passed regulations that prohibit the release of the long forms. This 1/2 page legal document was used for school enrollment, passports, drivers liscense, etc. (but I guess if I wanted to run for president I would have the crazies out against me.)

President Obama had to get a "Waiver" from the state of Hawaii to get the copy of his full form. It was not something he had laying around that he refused to release.

It is time for the crackpots who can't accept that Barack Obama is our president to get over it. We have more important issues to discuss.

To see a copy of the White House Briefing Transcript on this very issue and why it was released NOW. go here:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jamie-dupree-washington-insider/2011/04/27/more-obama-birth-certificate/?cxntfid=blogs_jamie_dupree_washington_insider