NCAA Releases THE Allegations Against THE Ohio State

Clyde

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herbstreit was quoted as saying that the Bucks should not recruit players "like Pryor and Clarett."

He also said "it would be very difficult" to move forward with the Vest.

I heard that as well, also as I posted earlier espn comentator/former OSU player R. Smith statements were basically the same. Both Herbstreit and Smith are former OSU playes, love the school and traditon of OSU football. Both are also going to give honest opinions on OSU football whether it be on a game,player or something like this with Tressel. Smith and Herbstreit imo are both excellentm fair reporters regardless of who, what, when or where with any school. OSU is imo like any school in that they have certain type fans and alumni that make fools of themselves with their actions, alleged threats against ones like R. Smith and K. Herbsteit. btw= Chris Speilman is another former OSU player, in their hall of fame and he said that he looked for very severe punishment, maybe giving up all wins from the season and possible scholly reductions and/or giving any of the high rated incoming freshmen class the option to transfer if they choose. All this was Speillman's opinion of what "might" or "could" happen depending on just what the NCAA brings up or if there are any other findings.

The end if near for the Vest. The walls are closing in slowly...........
I think so as well.

Calling Urban.......

....or John Gruden, there is a pic out before of Gruden in an OSU coaches shirt:lol:. I have heard that they have an interim coach ready to go. I am not sure if it's the asst. coach that wil be taking Tressel's place in these first five games or not.

Who knows :idunno:.

I understand what Tressell was trying to do. He was trying to protect the program. This is getting ugly for him quickly.

I don't think OSU fires him.

I 100% agree with the first statement, Tressel imo just made the huge mistake of letting things go on unill they built up so much that he couldn't. I admire the man for protecting his kids but the level he took it to got way out of hand. No excuse for it, just turn it over to your compliance office, tell them what you know and let them handle it.

ESPN is saying that it probably will be towards the end of this season before any sanctions start or take place, OSU may not fire him right away but at seasons end they may have no choice.

I said in an earlier post that with the way things are looking and unless something huge comes out in Tressel's favor that maybe he should resign. I just don't see how that he could be as effective in going in a recruits parents home and sell them on himself and having their child play for him. As we all know, recruiting is everything in keeping championship level talent for a program. JMO

That is funny, good one!

This too is a good one!

I wasn't trying to be flippant or funny. Rather, I was using a past event to show why it's not "just selling trinkets or jerseys" just like it wasn't just "breaking in" for Nixon.

No one person is bigger then the program, if Osu doesn't fire him they are saying different.

Perhaps the only person in the history of the Ohio State football program that was bigger than Tressel is now was Woody Hayes.

They fired him straightaway and forthwith. Of course, his transgression was broadcast on national television.

Perhaps the only person in the history of the Ohio State football program that was bigger than Tressel is now was Woody Hayes.

They fired him straightaway and forthwith. Of course, his transgression was broadcast on national television.

:thumb: and :thumb:. Yes, when your coach slugs an oposing player, that kind of looks bad :D. Speaking of that it is really sad that Woody had that meldown. Hayes is one of college football's greatest ever coaches and that one scene is what most people will remember about him.

• 2 weeks later...