NCAA Releases THE Allegations Against THE Ohio State

Clyde

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is time for "The Vest" to do what is best and take his troubles with him. I think Ohio State needs to be on the phone doing whatever it takes to try to get Urban to replace Tressell. Then the University can try to sell the NCAA, that they have Urban to clean up the program.

It is time for "The Vest" to do what is best and take his troubles with him. I think Ohio State needs to be on the phone doing whatever it takes to try to get Urban to replace Tressell. Then the University can try to sell the NCAA, that they have Urban to clean up the program.

Urban to clean up a program? That may be the worst idea EVER. He held no one accountable.

The issue with Gibson and his $0 car purchase should be easy to clear up. He says he's still paying on it which means there was a loan. Every car sale has a retail installment contract showing which bank owns the car and what the payment terms are for the buyer.

The issue with Gibson and his $0 car purchase should be easy to clear up. He says he's still paying on it which means there was a loan. Every car sale has a retail installment contract showing which bank owns the car and what the payment terms are for the buyer.

But even with that it is a huge mess for OSU and just shows how dirty college athletics are.

The NCAA is just now investigating this? I find that funny, because as much as the NCAA is supposed to do it seems they miss some pretty obvious stuff, especially 50 sold cars to athletes and their families. I know there is some department in the NCAA that handles these situations and follows up on them so I can only figure that they turned their heads to protect their product.

I basdically agree with you. As an OSU football fan I hate to lose Tressel, he is a great coach but NO ONE is bigger than the program. Tressel went way too far and past "taking up for his kids", that is admirable but he took it to ridiculous levels and now his team and the school will pay for it. I think that Tressel will coach this season but I don't think that he will be back next season. Actually I think that he should resign w/o the obvious pressure to.

Urban would be great imo but may not want the job depending on what kind of sanctions/probation/scholly limits that may be put on OSU. I would certainly think that Meyers would be the #1 choce. I have no idea if J. Gruden would be a cantidate or not but I did hear him say, while on the NFL draft t.v. coverage, that he had just got in from Columbus/OSU. He didn't say why or even hint anything but it does make you wonder if he may have told them something like "if the job should come open, I want to be considered". As of now, talk of Meyers or anyone else is just that...talk. We will have to see what happens on/after Aug. 12th

As always, no matter what comes of all of this...."GO BUCKS"

The NCAA is just now investigating this? I find that funny, because as much as the NCAA is supposed to do it seems they miss some pretty obvious stuff, especially 50 sold cars to athletes and their families. I know there is some department in the NCAA that handles these situations and follows up on them so I can only figure that they turned their heads to protect their product.

The NCAA is so mad at Ohio St that they just put Boise St on probation.:isurrender:

Even though several UF players got in trouble, you got to give Urban credit. He sent uber talented Cam Newton packing for breaking the rules. How many coaches would have sent Cam away? Pretty sure the Sweater wouldn't have.

Urban also thought Brantley was a better QB than Newton.

Even though several UF players got in trouble, you got to give Urban credit. He sent uber talented Cam Newton packing for breaking the rules. How many coaches would have sent Cam away? Pretty sure the Sweater wouldn't have.

I think they had over 30 arrests while he was in charge...several played nearly immediately. I don't think anyone can ever give him any type of credit for holding people accountable.

I think they had over 30 arrests while he was in charge...several played nearly immediately. I don't think anyone can ever give him any type of credit for holding people accountable.

I agree. Case and point: Chris Rainey. Meyer was about one thing IMO, and that is winning. He plays off of all that stuff about accountability, but he showed his true colors this year. Well really any year if you look close enough at their program.