Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

birdseye

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by birdseye

  1. Highlands really hasn't got much to gain from the match-up.
  2. Ive been thinking. (this gets dangerous) 1. Can Ashland succeed with the Wishbone with a new OL? 2. Will Ashland be able to succeed against Highlands and CovCath going to a more one dimensional offense? What I want to know is why? Why is coach love choosing the wishbone? That will determine the amount of its success. Does he know it inside and out, every adjustment, every technique, the ins and outs of calling the game in it? If the answer is yes he can win. Does it fit the current and future personnel at Ashland High School? If the answer is yes to both he can win. If it is being done to be Macho, old school, or just because I said so, then no it will not win.
  3. This is HUGE. Will the parents and boosters who were saying what a great hire coach was stay with him on this? Will the kids buy in? Think of all the excitement right now around U.K. football. Stoops is winning the dinner table. Now think what an effect negative people can have on a high school team. Coaches losing the dinner table happens all the time in high school, and the coach looks bad because of it when in reality it was the parents souring the season all along behind the scenes.
  4. Moving from coordinator to the big chair makes a lot of sense to lots of assistants. NKY is also a desirable place to live.
  5. If they interviewed Boston , did he not tell them what he wanted to run offensively? Did he say veer, Franklin, wing-t or something else? If they are holding the veer against him maybe that's what he said, I don't know. If I was being interviewed I would very carefully lay out my plan. One thought from an outsider, maybe they are pretty certain that they want someone with previous head coaching experience. I don't know if that was ever stated as a criteria. Boston might be a fantastic choice but I'm thinking they must be wanting head coaching experience.
  6. NKY Louisville Western KY Central Kentucky Lexington Eastern KY
  7. 1. Do you need anything? 2. How can I give the program my money? 3. Is there anything I can take off your plate and accomplish so you don't have to?
  8. I was told they run a pretty balanced version of the west coast/ pro style offense not a spread.
  9. My first question is "will he bring the BG offensive system with him"?
  10. Griffith knows his stuff.
  11. The other thread made me think of something. 1 way people measure college and NFL coaches is by their coaching tree. You look at all the people that either played or coached for a guy and then went on to become a successful head coach in his own right. I will start with the first one that came to my mind and that is Ron Finley. Coach at Russel co and then Campbellsville University. There are so many Ron Finley disciples out there some people have begun calling them the Campbellsville mafia. Can some of you guys help me fill out his tree and start other trees?
  12. We have heard that Hilton and Jaggers have won Titles at more than one school. Anyone else?
  13. I think the reason so many of the guys I polled picked Chuck Smith is WHERE he did it. I have met Mueller and Beatty as have most of the guys I talked too and they are tremendous, maybe even the correct answer to this questions. However they have not and will never get a chance to win a Championship at a county school. Most coaches have a great deal of respect for that, its not detracting from the other greats. Fans of Trinity and Highlands are so blessed to be where they are, some things are taken for granted, some will never know or understand what the environment is like at a county school with no tradition.
  14. I polled 17 High School Head Coaches yesterday on who is the greatest Head coach in Ky history. I got 14 for Chuck, 2 for Dale Mueller, and 1 Joe Jaggers.
  15. He did. I have no idea who truthbtold is but his truth is kind of off on several points.
  16. You have a personal agenda against the man. I don't know what it is but it's getting tiresome and makes you look silly in the process. I wish you'd stop.
  17. So basically the 6-4 record at Henderson is tied for fourth best in 6A the last 4 years?
  18. Scott County?
  19. As I learned in the Danville thread the Henderson County program is 6-4 in the playoffs the last 4 years. Could other posters post their schools playoff record over the last 4 years so we could compile them into a top 10 of sorts?
  20. I really tried to find the end result of the lawsuit online but had no luck. Based on the fact that he coached 2 more years of high school ball before going to college makes me think nothing happened.
  21. I have another one for you Camel, I believe you owe the Duffys an apology. July 26, 2006|LARRY VAUGHT Not only that, his unexpected death left many unanswered questions. Was it heat related (the temperature was 82 degrees with a heat index of 88)? Did other non-football factors contribute to his death? "In light of the recent events in Henderson, it's tough to come to grips with the fact that if they had not acted then, I would not have made it," Clay said. "I suppose the lesson here is that it doesn't make any difference how good of shape you are in, heat exhaustion can happen and it is a killer. "It's not going away. It's a fact of modern football at every level, and in any other sport performed in sweltering conditions. It's a critical safety issue that needs to be addressed. It is as deadly as riding a motorcycle without a helmet." Remember, Duffer Duffy was doing nothing wrong. The Kentucky High School Athletic Association recommends mandatory water breaks, and athletic teams must halt activity when the heat index hits 105. Coaches are required to monitor and record the heat index at practices and games.
  22. I guess you and I have a different definition of what offensive philosophy means.
  23. HENDERSON, Ky. (AP) — Football coaches and school officials were named in a lawsuit filed Tuesday in the death of a western Kentucky high school player's death last summer. Ryan Owens, 16, collapsed July 19, shortly after practice at Henderson County High School, and died. A state medical examiner found that Owens suffered from a heart defect that was exacerbated by the heat. Randy and Marla Owens filed the lawsuit in Henderson County on behalf of their son. The lawsuit alleged "gross negligence" in his death. The lawsuit contends the defendants "ordered Ryan Owens to continue athletic activity wearing helmet and gear after reporting difficulty breathing, kept him outside in extreme heat in helmet and gear for substantial period of time after evidencing warning signs of heat stress." Named in the lawsuit are assistant football coach Tom Duffy Sr., head football coach Tom Duffy Jr., Athletics Director Jerry Mezur, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association, the Henderson County Board of Education, local school superintendent Thomas L. Richey, high school Principal Bruce Swanson and three unnamed assistant coaches. Calls to numbers listed in Richey's and Swanson's names were not returned Tuesday night, and there were no listings in Henderson for Mezur or the Duffys. In September, school board officials said they had cleared the football coaching staff of any wrongdoing in Owens' death.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.